Tesla Motors...

How long before the fancy big screens are banned? Aye it's pretty simple with nee buttons but having to fart about in numerous screens is surely a concern given it needs the driver to be looking? The point of buttons is you know the general area they're in and as they're tactile you can feel without having to look and do something. This nee buttons and 1 screen is simply cost cutting at the end of the day ;)

At the moment it won't be as bad but you can only imagine the masses pissing about on the screen as some won't remember each and every place something is, nor will they have a 'blind' feel for it. I think they'll end up banning the use of touchscreens in cars for anything apart from very basic things once people are found to have been pissing about with them prior to an accident as it will no doubt happen and it will be recorded no doubt in some sort of black box. It's not the same as using a phone but it's still a concern that cars with touchscreens are going this way and could end up taking the driver's focus from the road.

Take away the performance speeds of that Tesla and it's just the Apple version of a car with an ipad slapped on the dashboard! :lol: The bloke's even playing a game on the screen at the beginning of that video :lol: Mentioning Apple, I recall I pointed this out quite a few years ago now regarding touchscreens as I commented on the Apple Carplay here (LINK n Thor'd below) and it just shows what will happen if you allow drivers to fuck about with the screen while driving.

Watch just after 3:55 when he goes into the Sat Nav and it allows him to select a destination while moving! Are they taking the piss as surely they must know this will distract drivers? Or at 5:05 when he starts pissing about selecting music? He starts pissing about with messaging around 6 mins and again it allows you to select names on the screen though it's not clear if it shows them which I doubt.

On a serious note, watch just how long he keeps his eyes down from 11:15 to 11:49. Over those 30 seconds, he's basically looking down most of the time. He's looking up for a fraction of a second every couple of seconds and one time it's about 3 seconds he looking down at the screen! Surely this can't be reet and how it works? I know this is a review but imagine some knacker trying to do this and the potential dangers as surely it's a very similar distraction as using a mobile phone? It's basically a big phone stuck on the dash!

In that old post, soon after Vauxhall removed that advert in my post is in my mind due to the fact it implied you could fuck about while driving and then the car itself is shown to suddenly maneuver to the right close to the white line! :lol: They released a newer version here that cropped the video of it swerving as it's already near the white line at 7 seconds! :lol:

I must admit when I watched it I didn’t think it’s little different to using your mobile phone.

Have you seen that bloody electric Mustang? What a shambles inside. The I pace seems to have the nicest interior
My mate has gone from Range Rover Sport to an iPace last week- whilst its not as plush he says the interior feels wider.

He says that he hardly uses the brakes which takes a bit of getting used to. Hes getting about 200 on a full charge - but mainly motorway driving. I'm hoping to get a loan of it soon

How long before the fancy big screens are banned? Aye it's pretty simple with nee buttons but having to fart about in numerous screens is surely a concern given it needs the driver to be looking? The point of buttons is you know the general area they're in and as they're tactile you can feel without having to look and do something. This nee buttons and 1 screen is simply cost cutting at the end of the day ;)

At the moment it won't be as bad but you can only imagine the masses pissing about on the screen as some won't remember each and every place something is, nor will they have a 'blind' feel for it. I think they'll end up banning the use of touchscreens in cars for anything apart from very basic things once people are found to have been pissing about with them prior to an accident as it will no doubt happen and it will be recorded no doubt in some sort of black box. It's not the same as using a phone but it's still a concern that cars with touchscreens are going this way and could end up taking the driver's focus from the road.

Take away the performance speeds of that Tesla and it's just the Apple version of a car with an ipad slapped on the dashboard! :lol: The bloke's even playing a game on the screen at the beginning of that video :lol: Mentioning Apple, I recall I pointed this out quite a few years ago now regarding touchscreens as I commented on the Apple Carplay here (LINK n Thor'd below) and it just shows what will happen if you allow drivers to fuck about with the screen while driving.

Watch just after 3:55 when he goes into the Sat Nav and it allows him to select a destination while moving! Are they taking the piss as surely they must know this will distract drivers? Or at 5:05 when he starts pissing about selecting music? He starts pissing about with messaging around 6 mins and again it allows you to select names on the screen though it's not clear if it shows them which I doubt.

On a serious note, watch just how long he keeps his eyes down from 11:15 to 11:49. Over those 30 seconds, he's basically looking down most of the time. He's looking up for a fraction of a second every couple of seconds and one time it's about 3 seconds he looking down at the screen! Surely this can't be reet and how it works? I know this is a review but imagine some knacker trying to do this and the potential dangers as surely it's a very similar distraction as using a mobile phone? It's basically a big phone stuck on the dash!

In that old post, soon after Vauxhall removed that advert in my post is in my mind due to the fact it implied you could fuck about while driving and then the car itself is shown to suddenly maneuver to the right close to the white line! :lol: They released a newer version here that cropped the video of it swerving as it's already near the white line at 7 seconds! :lol:

Do they not have voice control as standard with apple car play and Android auto?

I can do everything I need to on Android auto via voice, text, WhatsApp, call, use sat nav, control music.

there's also no radio and no ability to use spotify. with no radio and an interior as bland as that I think boredom will hit quite quickly

Do they not have voice control as standard with apple car play and Android auto?

I can do everything I need to on Android auto via voice, text, WhatsApp, call, use sat nav, control music.
Aye it has though when you watch videos they always seem to be using their hand rather than voice. You can say "Warm up my butt" to turn on the heated seats as the phone app shows:lol:

Another one here showing it in the car but his wheezing didn't help watching it

It all depends what you can do while in motion. For example you shouldn't be able to use Google as drivers will end up looking at the screen. Handsfree in a car in general for me is a grey area as it's great but then having a big screen to look at isn't helping when you should be focusing on driving instead. There's a good reason that TV screens were disabled while driving, though a few years ago I could bypass mine on the BMW if I'd wanted. I see someone hacked into the Tesla to get Netflix (and Spotify) to work! :lol::lol:

People do it on their phones so having a big screen will probably tempt them even more! This link below is from 2017 and it was 9% who admitted to watching stuff on their phone! That's people who admitted so obviously it will be more plus in this day and age given how easy it is then it will be scary to think what the true percentage is! Fuck me, how thick are people to even do this? :rolleyes:

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/781528/Netflix-using-mobile-phone-driving-new-law-fines

"Making phone calls closely followed (44 per cent) and more worryingly – nine per cent admitted to streaming video from their device. Those surveyed were also asked to provide an average for the amount of times they used their phone while driving. It revealed that on average 1,964,953 Snapchat, Instagram pictures and WhatsApp messages, 576,967 emails, 229,553 tweets and 508,975 Facebook posts are sent from the behind the wheel each week.

Most concerning however was that 9 per cent of interviewees admitted to bing-watching their favourite Netflix and BBC dramas, streaming an average of 2.5 hours per week whilst driving. This means that approximately 1,943,360 hours’ worth of video footage is being watched behind the wheel on a weekly basis."

There's loads of new stories of people being caught, here's a couple.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/pictured-motorist-caught-watching-tv-14802953

https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/824...cops-spy-on-drivers-from-double-decker-buses/

Anyway, back on topic, that Tesla Roadster is canny!

Last edited by a moderator:
My mate has gone from Range Rover Sport to an iPace last week- whilst its not as plush he says the interior feels wider.

He says that he hardly uses the brakes which takes a bit of getting used to. Hes getting about 200 on a full charge - but mainly motorway driving. I'm hoping to get a loan of it soon

Had a lend of an ipace the other week , very impressive.

it does :cool:

Mate I drive a 1 litre hatchback that produces less than 10% of the torque of a premium EV and gets from 50 to 60 slower than the Tesla goes from 0 to 60 😂

I am going to enjoy the novelty of being able to accelerate for a little while, but you’re right in that eventually that will wear off.

Still fun, though.
You will hoy up in your lap once you accelerate the I pace

You will hoy up in your lap once you accelerate the I pace

Can't be any worse than being sick in my mouth every time I look at my current shitmobile. Gets me from A to B like. Eventually. I've been a passenger in a Tesla S and it's a very strange sensation when they accelerate like that though.

With the regenerative breaking on the Tesla I hardly use my break at all. Had autopilot on on a1 today and hardly had to drive the car at all!
I don't think I could trust autopilot

You are not meant to use it on smaller roads at present, I would only use it on motorway or decent dual carriageways.

Last edited:
I’m still in the process of justifying buying one! I do 35k miles a year and have solar panels on the house so the fuel savings are huge but I can’t get my head around paying over £80k for a car (only the s has the range I need).

I’m still in the process of justifying buying one! I do 35k miles a year and have solar panels on the house so the fuel savings are huge but I can’t get my head around paying over £80k for a car (only the s has the range I need).
For what reason? There’s not much in range between S and model 3.

For what reason? There’s not much in range between S and model 3.
The s does 30 miles more, might not seem a lot but I drive to Sunderland and straight back every other week so every little helps to keep the stops shorter. The 3 is a little bit small as well. The other option is to wait for the y but I think it’s range is shorter as well.

Back