Ten German Bombers

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not a fan of if (or the 'have you ever seen Germany win a war' chant that was also going last night) for a few reasons. Including being factually incorrect. The RAF was not of England, it was of the UK- something which I wish we sang about more instead of the individual nations within it. The song is also about Nazi Germany, technically a different country to the one it's sung to the people of (in the same way as the French 2nd republic was different to the 3rd), a small difference I know. The 'have you ever seen Germany win a war' song is also factually incorrect, because if we're using the scope of general Germanic governance to comprise any form of German nationhood, then they won the Franco-Prussian war not too long before the First World War (in which they pretty much beat the Russians and almost beat us). Also I think it's crude, inflammatory and unnecessary to sing about killing anyone's possible grandparents or great-grandparents, on both sides. But that's just me.

I see that the England football fans are getting a bit of stick again by the press saying .....that it's seventy years ago and that's not what the veterans would have wanted.

What a load of bullshit. It was good against evil and the press are ok to bring four page commemorative inserts out about various commemorative services here, there and everywhere still making money out of the wars. The veterans would love it especially the ones that got killed not knowing the outcome of WW2

Ten Germans Bombers is sang mostly in jest but in my opinion that jest can go on for a thousand years.

We'll not be able to mention the wars at all next.

What is it f***ing coming to?
Tend to find its people who have never fought in a war who glorify it and put on a swagger.
Put them in a war situation they wouldnt be able to walk for the shite clogging their pants.
Do you know the sort?

BREXIT means BREXIT we're taking OUR country BACK!!!!!! TEN German Bombers? We give the EU 350 million quid a second man lets spend it on building a MILLION German bombers. One in the EU for Merkel
Missed your lithium again colonel blimp?

Can't see a problem with it. Germany were responsible for the death of people's relatives. Plenty of people still alive who had the army coming to the door to tell them their dads weren't coming home.
German bombers tended to kill civilians as did english bombers.
The dads you referred to were killed by other solders .
Dead is dead mind.
Shame some daft lads who would shit themselves in a real war cant grow up

Last edited:
98% of Dortmund was destroyed by bombs in the war

And before anyone says it, We bombed Germany before they ever bombed us

So similar to Celtic supporters singing
Fields of Athenry then?

why would celtic supporters sing about the famine and against the crown ??? I thought football had fuck all to with politics etc etc

Did the germans wear black arm bands last night or hold a minutes silence for the terrorist attack ??

Last edited by a moderator:
If the Nazis had won we would have had to put up with a 1000 year Reich.

The British won and the Germans have to put up with a football chant every time they play England.

Seems fair to me.

Aye we'd all be driving Mercs / BMW's, drinking beer at the match, taking August off and swallowing lerds of sausage......Fookin Gormans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back