Temu shopping app ?

Be great when the blade snaps and heads towards your eye.
It’s fine I got some safety glasses off them too, 50p can’t go wrong….and the multi saw blades are pretty good tbh, better than getting bent over and buying 6 for 25 quid, when they last no longer than the Chinese ones

A number of reports that peoples' bank accounts are being hacked after using this app. I've seen a shit-load of adverts for it over the last 4-6 weeks but not enough to make me think me giving them my bank details is a good idea.

Love Temu me. Bought my disabled daughter 4 pairs of boots for £8 each in different colours, champion for her to wear to her day centre. Got myself a load of hair bands for pennies, some slippers which are the warmest I have ever had. Just ordered some kitchen utensils.
Delivery is class, free and usually takes about 9 days, fully tracked the whole way.
Been happy with everything I have bought from them.
It's addicting, well for me it is.

A number of reports that peoples' bank accounts are being hacked after using this app. I've seen a shit-load of adverts for it over the last 4-6 weeks but not enough to make me think me giving them my bank details is a good idea.

Been using it for ages and never had any problems, fingers crossed it stays that way.

Last edited:
Love Temu me. Bought my disabled daughter 4 pairs of boots for £8 each in different colours, champion for her to wear to her day centre. Got myself a load of hair bands for pennies, some slippers which are the warmest I have ever had. Just ordered some kitchen utensils.
Delivery is class, free and usually takes about 9 days, fully tracked the whole way.
Been happy with everything I have bought from them.
It's addicting, well for me it is.

Been using it for ages and never had any problems, fingers crossed it stays that way.
This is in no way a dig/attack or anything against you (as we all do it) but sites like Temu are a big reason why our town centres are dying, you can buy something for £5 and have it shipped from China instead of paying £10 for a similar product in a retail store. That retail store has to pay business rates, wages, VAT and stick to laws, Temu on the other hand use slave labour, creates whatever it wants and doesnt care for IP and then ships to UK using the postage that is outdated (its cheaper to post from china to Sunderland than Newcastle to Sunderland).

If we are serious about tackling issues the world is facing sites like Temu should be more of a priority than making me pay 20p for a paper bag to stop the use of plastic bags. We are all guilty of it one way or another and I dont blame anyone for using the site but sites like Temu and Amazon are a big reason our highstreets are so bad.

This is in no way a dig/attack or anything against you (as we all do it) but sites like Temu are a big reason why our town centres are dying, you can buy something for £5 and have it shipped from China instead of paying £10 for a similar product in a retail store. That retail store has to pay business rates, wages, VAT and stick to laws, Temu on the other hand use slave labour, creates whatever it wants and doesnt care for IP and then ships to UK using the postage that is outdated (its cheaper to post from china to Sunderland than Newcastle to Sunderland).

If we are serious about tackling issues the world is facing sites like Temu should be more of a priority than making me pay 20p for a paper bag to stop the use of plastic bags. We are all guilty of it one way or another and I dont blame anyone for using the site but sites like Temu and Amazon are a big reason our highstreets are so bad.
I agree and I do try to shop in physical shops where possible. However I have two kids with disabilities, one severely disabled and it's difficult for me to get to shops a lot of the time. I don't drive either which makes it even harder as I only get a few hours 3 times a week when my daughter is in a day centre. By the time I get buses there and back it takes up most of my time. I do agree with everything you say though, the prices being so low is such a temptation to buy from them instead of actual shops.

I agree and I do try to shop in physical shops where possible. However I have two kids with disabilities, one severely disabled and it's difficult for me to get to shops a lot of the time. I don't drive either which makes it even harder as I only get a few hours 3 times a week when my daughter is in a day centre. By the time I get buses there and back it takes up most of my time. I do agree with everything you say though, the prices being so low is such a temptation to buy from them instead of actual shops.
Yeah, like I said every persons situation is different so I'd never judge people for buying from there, I buy stuff made in China and have purchased from Amazon myself if I needed something the next morning when 'normal' stores nearby dont have it. Its government level that needs to look at it, no way should it be cheaper to ship from China to Sunderland than Newcastle to Sunderland, its far beyond a developing country now. Its just easier to say we are charging people 20p or making you use a paper straw for your McDonalds to save the planet as they allow sites like Temu to ship plastic from china to here. Rant over ha

It's just commercial evolution, it's happened many times. Supermarkets opening in towns destroy the local shopkeepers, out of town shopping centres destroy the high street... In major cities it's not as much of an issue as it is in smaller towns, but it still impacts. People using less cash leads to closure of banks. businesses will find a way to survive, they always have. There will always be a few stores for essentials, and Temu isn't there for those, Amazon is trying to be and it's up to the people who complain about local shops closing to use those instead of the convenience of 2 hour delivery.

i've never signed up, used or even looked at it but keep getting f***ing text messages from it. someone must have used the wrong mobile number.
and it doesnt let me f***ing block it either so i cant stop them

It's just commercial evolution, it's happened many times. Supermarkets opening in towns destroy the local shopkeepers, out of town shopping centres destroy the high street... In major cities it's not as much of an issue as it is in smaller towns, but it still impacts. People using less cash leads to closure of banks. businesses will find a way to survive, they always have. There will always be a few stores for essentials, and Temu isn't there for those, Amazon is trying to be and it's up to the people who complain about local shops closing to use those instead of the convenience of 2 hour delivery.
Whilst I somewhat agree, when supermarkets came in they still pay VAT, business rates, wages and most importantly dont knowingly make/sell anything that is unsafe, made by slave labour and they stick to IP rulings. Temu and DHgate are two that certainly dont care what so ever about health and safety or IP law but because they are cheap we seem to just accept it.

Whilst I somewhat agree, when supermarkets came in they still pay VAT, business rates, wages and most importantly dont knowingly make/sell anything that is unsafe, made by slave labour and they stick to IP rulings. Temu and DHgate are two that certainly dont care what so ever about health and safety or IP law but because they are cheap we seem to just accept it.
Well, apart from Apple, Nike, etc. ;)

You are right about compliance with UK H&S and IP, but surely the government should be taking action to protect the consumer?
The majority of consumers will always be attracted by the best price, and not give a thought to origin.

Well, apart from Apple, Nike, etc. ;)

You are right about compliance with UK H&S and IP, but surely the government should be taking action to protect the consumer?
The majority of consumers will always be attracted by the best price, and not give a thought to origin.
Huge difference between slave labour and paying very little, Nike also 100% dont use slave labour or pay little. They have been told in some circumstances that they can not pay extra as it will be a brain drain as a person in the factory will be getting more than a doctor paid by the government.

Its an easy line people use to try and defend buying from illegal sites and I know you are being jokey about it but the more people joke about how they are anything alike the more those sites get away with.

I would much rather all this stuff from China was stopped as all we are doing is funding their military and in 15 years they will them be exerting their control and we will be powerless.

But that has to be for the government to work out as for the consumers like ourselves its obvious we will pay £10 instead of £30 for something.

I would much rather all this stuff from China was stopped as all we are doing is funding their military and in 15 years they will them be exerting their control and we will be powerless.

But that has to be for the government to work out as for the consumers like ourselves its obvious we will pay £10 instead of £30 for something.
I agree, but on the flip side of that, China's dependency on western money is helping them make the right diplomatic choices.

I've done 2 orders with Temu, quality of items was varied. Had some steals and some utter shite in equal measure.

Last edited:

Back