TDF 2018 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For GC it will be interesting what Nibz does ?

Bardet on back foot, along with Quintana.

Porte and Froome pull back most if not all of the 51 seconds from stage 1 ?
Looks like Thomas in yellow, unless a shock with remaining teams ( Gilbert or Gaviria could still go yellow maybe)

For GC it will be interesting what Nibz does ?

Bardet on back foot, along with Quintana.

Porte and Froome pull back most if not all of the 51 seconds from stage 1 ?
Looks like Thomas in yellow, unless a shock with remaining teams ( Gilbert or Gaviria could still go yellow maybe)

Forgot about GVA...and Van Garderen

BMC’s Greg van Avermaet in yellow then? what was his difference with Sky's Thomas before todays stage?

Before race I was going for top 5 teams today as Sky, BMC, Quick-Step, Sunweb and Lotto-Jumbo … looks like Lotto-Jumbo have had a poor day.

Tom Dumoulin my favourite (again) for yellow at end of tour... :cool:

BMC’s Greg van Avermaet in yellow then? what was his difference with Sky's Thomas before todays stage?

Before race I was going for top 5 teams today as Sky, BMC, Quick-Step, Sunweb and Lotto-Jumbo … looks like Lotto-Jumbo have had a poor day.

1 second so he has yellow by 3 seconds or so

People should join both. Then if me and thee finish on the same points the tiebreaker can be whoever has more in their league.

Direct link to your league

Fantasy Tour de France

its a shame what happened to that Velo league game... I had team in that all set to go, then they had to suspend it at last minute, and then by time I re-entered on the TdF website I couldn't submit any team until day 2 so got zero points from stage 1 :evil:

Then Velogames came back after the TdF started with this update:

IMPORTANT NOTICE - UPDATED

Dear all, I am pleased to report that the legal issue noted on Thursday 5th July has been swiftly and amicably resolved.

Should you wish to enter a fantasy team for this year’s Tour de France, please do so at the following link: Fantasy Tour de France

Regards, George.

cheers GEorge!! :rolleyes: :lol:

Can’t see it. Think he’s going to take a battering in the mountain stages

whats the rules with this team TT then? - I thought that if 5 or 6 of the team finish then the ones they drop get same time? it seems that with SAgan dropped by his team he will get his own time once over the line and will probably make a huge drop on GC times? :confused:

whats the rules with this team TT then? - I thought that if 5 or 6 of the team finish then the ones they drop get same time? it seems that with SAgan dropped by his team he will get his own time once over the line and will probably make a huge drop on GC times? :confused:

I doubt it would worry him as he is going to miles from GC anyway come the end of tour

I doubt it would worry him as he is going to miles from GC anyway come the end of tour

no, I didn't mean that... in fact forget he was even in yellow today... I had it in my head (so probably dreamt or imagined it) that in a team TT as long as the rider finished the stage they all got same time as their team as long as 5 or 6 of that team actually finished their race? … or was that an indoor time trial rule?

no, I didn't mean that... in fact forget he was even in yellow today... I had it in my head (so probably dreamt or imagined it) that in a team TT as long as the rider finished the stage they all got same time as their team as long as 5 or 6 of that team actually finished their race? … or was that an indoor time trial rule?

seems to be the case.. Time is taken when first 4 over the line

seems from his time today he got his team time

Sunweb pulled a few seconds back...

Sunweb actually did better than they thought they would... pre-race Dumoulin had said his team would suffer in team TT due to absence/injury of Wilco Kelderman (he was replaced last minute by Chad Haga) so they must be vhappy with todays result.
And then come the individual TT well Dumoulin is the World Champion, so as long as he learns lessons from past few years and does his climbs at his own temp he should do well... in the past he has had bad luck on climbs by sticking with certain riders who won't help out as they ride to finish 7th or 6th because they know they will never finish first anyway.... it should a great tour.
Either way, put money on it... within the next few years Dumoulin will win the other 2 classics and get all three.
IN this years tour I'm also going to tip Bauke Mollema (Trek) to be up there at the end... and with this Fantasy Tour game... I've got Greg van Avermaet (BMC) in my team! :cool:

its a shame what happened to that Velo league game... I had team in that all set to go, then they had to suspend it at last minute, and then by time I re-entered on the TdF website I couldn't submit any team until day 2 so got zero points from stage 1 :evil:

Then Velogames came back after the TdF started with this update:

IMPORTANT NOTICE - UPDATED

Dear all, I am pleased to report that the legal issue noted on Thursday 5th July has been swiftly and amicably resolved.

Should you wish to enter a fantasy team for this year’s Tour de France, please do so at the following link: Fantasy Tour de France

Regards, George.

cheers GEorge!! :rolleyes: :lol:

Can't be arsed now TBH, for this year anyway...

GC riders after 3 stages:

Van Garderen 0'00
Geraint 0'03
Jungels 0'07
Dumoulin 0'11
Uran 0'35
Majka 0'50
Fulgsang 0'51
Porte 0'51
Zakarin 0'52
Valverde 0'53
Landa 0'53
Froome 0'55
Yates 1'00
Nibali 1'06
Bardet 1'15
Kruijwijk 1'15
Roglic 1'15
Molema 1'16
Bernal 1'19
D. Martin 1'38
Barguil 1'46
Quintana 2'08

If Thomas stays on his bike (highly unlikely) he could have a handy lead after the Roubaix stage

GC riders after 3 stages:

Van Garderen 0'00
Geraint 0'03
Jungels 0'07
Dumoulin 0'11
Uran 0'35
Majka 0'50
Fulgsang 0'51
Porte 0'51
Zakarin 0'52
Valverde 0'53
Landa 0'53
Froome 0'55
Yates 1'00
Nibali 1'06
Bardet 1'15
Kruijwijk 1'15
Roglic 1'15
Molema 1'16
Bernal 1'19
D. Martin 1'38
Barguil 1'46
Quintana 2'08

If Thomas stays on his bike (highly unlikely) he could have a handy lead after the Roubaix stage

In fairness, it's only really tradition that keeps Mollema as a GC rider. If the rules were changed so coming 12th meant winning, he'd be the daddy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back