TDF 2018 thread

Actually said to our lass before it started that I fancied Porte to crash out today, didn’t expect it to be before they hit the pavé.

I wonder what it does to physiologically though. Injuries heal, but it must stay in his mind. Wasn't there talk of him switching to triathlon?

Everyone else has one for their team leader so suppose it makes sense they cover all three. Doesnt leave much wiggle room for drink runs etc in an 8 man team though. Sagan to take it again? did this years roubaix quite happily so wouldnt put it past him
harder again when one of the minders is out before they hit the cobbles!

Is it really down to luck if it happens so often? Same with Thomas

Sort of agree, but depends on the type of crash/accident...if they were all similar and involving bike handling I’d agree.
But some riders to get the shit end of random and weird incidents( not on about Porte btw)

Not seen the Porte crash yet

I haven't seen a replay of today. Wasn't he wiped out last year on decent? With Thomas he seems to have the ability to bounce back up though.

Last year Porte caused his own crash on the descent as he went wide on to some grass, something just always goes wrong with him as opposed to the likes of Nibali who never seem to get caught up in these types of incident

Last year Porte caused his own crash on the descent as he went wide on to some grass, something just always goes wrong with him as opposed to the likes of Nibali who never seem to get caught up in these types of incident
Aye, I remember now. It was Martin who he took with him. Maybe it's down to not being able to hold his nerve though rather than lack of ability.

Back