TDF 2018 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

All well and good..but talking chalk and cheese

Or unmoved by marketing bollox as I’d put it.
I’ve pals who’ve moved to other such things, like I say o symmetric chainrings and the logic you get is bike company bollox or that if good enough for pros then good enough for me.
I meant the disc brakes which are demonstrably better in the wet.

Ive got a disc on my current mtb
V brakes on my old gt and cantis on the road. Each has its place but I like the disc the least.

I meant the disc brakes which are demonstrably better in the wet.

a good set of quality and well maintained rim brakes work for me. Enough stopping power and I've not noticed that much difference when using disc brakes on hire bikes in the past, even in the wet.

If riding a mountain bike fair enough, but for my road bikes I'm happy to stick with rims

a good set of quality and well maintained rim brakes work for me. Enough stopping power and I've not noticed that much difference when using disc brakes on hire bikes in the past, even in the wet.

If riding a mountain bike fair enough, but for my road bikes I'm happy to stick with rims
My point is that they're demonstrably better in the wet. I'm not saying rim brakes = bad.

My point is that they're demonstrably better in the wet. I'm not saying rim brakes = bad.

And I pointed out that the differences in the wet weren't all that noticeable...certainly not a eureka moment as I was braking
In the wet (second time coming down Femenia when wet)

And I pointed out that the differences in the wet weren't all that noticeable...certainly not a eureka moment as I was braking
In the wet (second time coming down Femenia when wet)
The difference between Ultegra and DI2 aren't really noticeable as the only difference stated by Shimano is the weight. (grams) Pros still always want the best. That's why they'll have disc brakes, not the manufacturers pushing them.

The difference between Ultegra and DI2 aren't really noticeable as the only difference stated by Shimano is the weight. (grams) Pros still always want the best. That's why they'll have disc brakes, not the manufacturers pushing them.

Why are the vast majority of the peloton still using rim brakes( even on wet mountain stages) ?
Even with disc brake bikes available to them I don't see a stampede rushing to ride on discs.

Sat in the Renault bar on the Champs Elysees. Worse places to be on a Sunday afternoon
We visited there in the morning, even got to make a Lego F1 car and keep it...
We ended up watching from Le Jardin de Tuileries. Nice spot with having the bairn in tow, there were seats so it was canny.

We visited there in the morning, even got to make a Lego F1 car and keep it...
We ended up watching from Le Jardin de Tuileries. Nice spot with having the bairn in tow, there were seats so it was canny.
I watched the end of Saturdays stage at the TDF site there, was tempted to go back Missus was knackered after walking the length and breadth the day before. She got herself sat in the Renault bar with a beer an I couldn't get her out.

I watched the end of Saturdays stage at the TDF site there, was tempted to go back Missus was knackered after walking the length and breadth the day before. She got herself sat in the Renault bar with a beer an I couldn't get her out.

I don’t blame her! If it wasn’t for the bairn we would have watched from the Champs Elysee, our hotel was a stone’s throw from the Arc de Triomphe.
Lucky for us all the metro stations on our line were closed so we had to take the scenic route there and back, in the stifling heat! :evil:

I don’t blame her! If it wasn’t for the bairn we would have watched from the Champs Elysee, our hotel was a stone’s throw from the Arc de Triomphe.
Lucky for us all the metro stations on our line were closed so we had to take the scenic route there and back, in the stifling heat! :evil:
Actually another great spot to watch is the top of the Champs by l’Arc. They have a big screen up and it’s good watching the peloton take the loop around the Arc over those cobbles. Especially if it’s been wet.

Actually another great spot to watch is the top of the Champs by l’Arc. They have a big screen up and it’s good watching the peloton take the loop around the Arc over those cobbles. Especially if it’s been wet.
Walked back that way and thought 'aye, that would be a canny place to watch it, if only someone had suggested it before' ;) We had a canny day. Eiffel tower, Grand pricks, at the Renault bar, TDF, finished off at the Moulin Rouge (grand tits)

Walked back that way and thought 'aye, that would be a canny place to watch it, if only someone had suggested it before' ;) We had a canny day. Eiffel tower, Grand pricks, at the Renault bar, TDF, finished off at the Moulin Rouge (grand tits)
:lol: I sent you pics from there the last time I was there man, not my fault you can't remember ;)

It is a great trip out like, Paris. I was travelling back on Sunday but I had half thought of jumping across. Glad I didn't now as all the trains running in & out of Montparnasse were buggered up that whole weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back