TDF 2018 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He must've had 25 seconds at the flag- epic bonk.

They'll be ruminating the chewing tobacco as we speak.

Abuse I’m ok with ( still seems a bit pointless mind) but going to be worse than that.
Not just a Froome thing but Sky in general.
Said many a time they don’t help themselves half the time, especially Brailsford but hope the bile doesn’t descend into owt nastier than abuse.

well thats just buggered the sprint for Paris. Kittel Renshaw and Cav missed the cut off. Mind Cav hasnt exactly looked interested at all this time round

Anyone else piling on Froome to win on Alpe d’Huez tomorrow? No way he rides in support of Thomas and he’ll want this stage on his palmares like Ventoux and Zoncolan

Shame. I think that's it for Cav's tdf stage wins.
Sadly think Cav has just grown up. Now he has the family and all, he's just not prepared to risk his neck for a win anymore.

Also reckon Thomas is the lead man, but he still has to beat Froome to win, sort of in a LeMond Hinault style but without the nastiness.
Froome will push G and then if G has his usual bad luck, Froome takes over the lead. Win win situation.
Sky must also appreciate that Froome running away and winning 4 grand tours in a row probably doesnt help the clean image..

Sadly think Cav has just grown up. Now he has the family and all, he's just not prepared to risk his neck for a win anymore.

Also reckon Thomas is the lead man, but he still has to beat Froome to win, sort of in a LeMond Hinault style but without the nastiness.
Froome will push G and then if G has his usual bad luck, Froome takes over the lead. Win win situation.
Sky must also appreciate that Froome running away and winning 4 grand tours in a row probably doesnt help the clean image..
Think Thomas has it in his locker to have a really bad day. Froome less so. I'd still put my money on Froome to win it.

Think Thomas has it in his locker to have a really bad day. Froome less so. I'd still put my money on Froome to win it.

Yep...that sort of climb and even tomorrow’s Thomas can normally manage, I’d be surprised if he doesn’t have a relatively bad day next week in Pyrenees

today should be a great stage. is Quintana going to have a go or is he not the rider everyone thought from a couple of years back?

breakaway for the stage win perhaps but Froome first of the gc riders.

amazing the number of riders who are nowhere - uran, fulsgang, mollema, Yates (which is a shame) and Porte out. not many gc riders left and some may go for kom instead if far enough back. clearly that's been barguils plan from the first stage.

today should be a great stage. is Quintana going to have a go or is he not the rider everyone thought from a couple of years back?

breakaway for the stage win perhaps but Froome first of the gc riders.

amazing the number of riders who are nowhere - uran, fulsgang, mollema, Yates (which is a shame) and Porte out. not many gc riders left and some may go for kom instead if far enough back. clearly that's been barguils plan from the first stage.

Many suggesting this. Several years ago people were suggesting he was going to be a multiple TDF winner. He might still win it one day( even this year) but I can't see him racking up many.

Team sky might need umbrellas and body armour today :eek:

Shame that Porte is out. Roglic to attack today ;)

Despite early work finish reckon will probably only manage to catch from Croix de Fer onwards

Bardet whinging that he got his tactics wrong :eek: It wasn't that complicated, Froome was always going to jump after Dan Martin and his hesitancy was hard to understand

Can't see Thomas winning it. A bad day for him and he could lose 20 minutes, a bad day for Froome is losing a minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back