Taking The Knee

Fuck off you race baiting tit....its people like you that cause division in our society. Almost everyone of us on this forum don't give a damn about folks Creed, colour or sexuality...but it people like you who love promoting divisions and racial disharmony...
You’re wrong to have a pop at what @genewolf says as he is correct in that black people prefer the term people of colour rather than coloured people. I’ve read a few good articles by black journalists explaining how it goes way back to the days of segregation in the USA when public areas where designated for either ‘white’ or ‘coloured’ people.

They also argue that the term coloured tends to group them with other ‘non white‘ ethnic groups. Malcolm X used the word black as it had a more powerful feel to it.

How will this go down with returning fans. Or will it be conveniently dropped on the grounds that it's served it's purpose just before fans return. 🤔

Changing the perception that black people are unfairly persecuted by american police?

Bizarre to associate american citizens treatment by US law enforcement with the UK outlook of citizens perception toward other citizens. Good side story though mid covid.

Anyone who judges another based on skin colour has some serious issues that taking a knee will not remedy. Wait for the "but but" brigade to pile in.

This seems to have become an accepted fact on here.

Sunderland fans sing Keep the Red Flag Flying. All Marxists as well.
Not just on here in this insignificant little corner of the world. It’s a widely held belief that the aim of BLM is to create division and racial tension. The opposite of what it claims. We‘ve ditched a good “kick it out” campaign for this and it won’t end well. As for footballers and police “taking the knee”? Spineless virtue signallers.

Two coppers trying to show solidarity and support for the movement and being snarled at and abused by a baying mob. Look at their faces man. I think it’s embarrassing. Do you disagree?
Most in pic not looking at kneeling police, 1 blond woman taking pic n one black woman looks like she is saying something. Your comment reads to me its the police kneeling that is the prob, if I’ve misrepresented you, apologies.
You only have to look at the uproar over Sainsbury’s Christmas advert using a black family. If we hadn’t have had all this BLM shit over the last few months nobody would have batted an eyelid about it.
I meant personal experience.
Not just on here in this insignificant little corner of the world. It’s a widely held belief that the aim of BLM is to create division and racial tension. The opposite of what it claims. We‘ve ditched a good “kick it out” campaign for this and it won’t end well. As for footballers and police “taking the knee”? Spineless virtue signallers.
You’ve obviously not been on the receiving end of casual racism

Last edited:
You only have to look at the uproar over Sainsbury’s Christmas advert using a black family. If we hadn’t have had all this BLM shit over the last few months nobody would have batted an eyelid about it.
If anything that advert and reaction highlighted how racist the U.K. is. If someone was angry at that advert that’s on them, not people wanting equality.

I have reported outright racism to the police at three Sunderland games and got nowhere at any of them. The reality is the police at games are just there for the overtime and are the lowest rank and they cannot or dont want to go into a potentially hostile crowd and pick someone out. I understand that. It does not mean I wont continue to, hear it, call it, and report it.

From a personal perspective, I can tell you that your very wrong . As a cop of 32 years service I never once witnessed any degree of overt racism
That's not to say in doesn't exist in the Police Service, just I never saw it.
You’re wrong to have a pop at what @genewolf says as he is correct in that black people prefer the term people of colour rather than coloured people. I’ve read a few good articles by black journalists explaining how it goes way back to the days of segregation in the USA when public areas where designated for either ‘white’ or ‘coloured’ people.

They also argue that the term coloured tends to group them with other ‘non white‘ ethnic groups. Malcolm X used the word black as it had a more powerful finv eel to it.

Read the thread correctly before posting Incorrect information.
I didn't ' have a pop ' as you put it, because of how black folk like to be referred as. Thee issue of ' coloured ' or any other label wasnt even mentioned..
I accused the individual of race baiting as
he clearly posted at 7.21 hrs last night that he believed that folk ' taking umbrage ' or objecting to taking the knee, were racist.
A pretty serious thing to say. As I pointed out last night, I choose not to take the knee ,that doesn't make me a racist.
Can I respectfully request you read posts correctly before making assumptions.

Last edited:
From a personal perspective, I can tell you that your very wrong . As a cop of 32 years service I never once witnessed any degree of overt racism
That's not to say in doesn't exist in the Police Service, just I never saw it.

Read the thread correctly before posting Incorrect information.
I didn't ' have a pop ' as you put it, because of how black folk like to be referred as. Thee issue of ' coloured ' or any other label wasnt even mentioned..
I accused the individual of race baiting as
he clearly posted at 7.21 hrs last night that he believed that folk ' taking umbrage ' or objecting to taking the knee, were racist.
A pretty serious thing to say. As I pointed out last night, I choose not to take the knee ,that doesn't make me a racist.
Can I respectfully request you read posts correctly before making assumptions.
You say respectfully....oh the irony.

Correct as being outed as a racist is never a good look, unless you are looking for a promotion in the 3rd Reich.

For what its worth, I am am a big believer in killing off overt racism by making it socially Unnacceptable and economically damaging (to the racist). I realise people will still hold racist views, but hopefully they wont also hold responsible jobs with influence.

Dear god... :lol:

1) Fundamentally disagree on George Floyd. So what if he's a was a wrong'un? You're missing the whole point here is that justice is it should treat everyone equally - you don't get f***ing strangled in cold blood for fuck all by the police for being a wrong-un, or for being black, or whatever. Fucks sake, you shouldn't get strangled to death by the police in cold blood even if they've literally just caught you red-handed robbing a pregnant women there and then. That's not justice, its just not right and it shouldn't happen to anyone. Lass, mother, sister - I've got a daughter too, throw her in - don't care. Emotive bullshit - justice is for all. Murdered by the police, fucks sake man - give your head a shake.

2) The kneeling thing isn't owned by BLM, wasn't even started by them - it actually started in sport, so in a way the footballers have reclaimed it. I mean, I think its hollow gesture now, all the same. But no need to spread misinformation about it. I think most organisations are clear it's not about BLM - and actually, why should they get to define what it is when they didn't start it?
OK so why were Sky sports presenters wearing BLM badges, footballers had BLM on social media pages etc? There’s no misinformation here, everyone jumped on the bandwagon, then a few bad things came out in the press and it was like oh it’s nothing to do with BLM its just racism 😂 give over.
If I’m watching us or England play and the kneelings going on il be letting them know what I think of it, oh and if that makes me racist will I just tell my best friend/ best man I can be friends with him anymore or we can’t go on holiday with the kids anymore?

Let's get one thing clear I am a retired Police officer who have only ever shown compassion and respect to folks of ALL creed,colours and sexual orientation. You have made a serious allegation there, which Iam noting. So I would like you to point out , here on a public forum, what I have said that constitutes negative attitudes towards black folks. I have the greatest respect for all folks. My partner in the Police service , for the last tens years of my service was black and a finer Bobby you'd never wish to find.
I'd strongly urge you to be very careful what you post on here.

It's very convenient your partner was black. Puts a slightly different spin on the I'm not racist I have a black friend line that's usually trotted out.

Iam awfully sorry you clearly have an issue with what I've pointed out or my previous occupation.

Just saying that what you pointed out was incorrect.

it‘s not your previous occupation that bothers me, although it probably goes a long way to explaining why you speak to people the way you do.

Your two replies to @genewolf included “ get a f***ing grip you blithering idiot “ & “ fuck off you race baiting tit “ not very respectful at all.
It's very convenient your partner was black. Puts a slightly different spin on the I'm not racist I have a black friend line that's usually trotted out.
Very convenient

Last edited:
Taking the knee to protest at something that happened in the USA, then off to play in Qatar where slave Labour from Asia was used to build the stadiums and hundreds of workers died .
Asian lives don’t matter as much, according to these footballers.

Absolutely, and the media should be calling out the facts. Treat everyone with the same courtesy, that does mean everyone.

Let's get all of the facts out in the open and thrash through the issues as opposed to isolatory outrage.

Back