Taking The Knee

Noticed Sky reporter referred to it as showing support for “people of colour” rather than “black lives matter”. There is no place for racism of any sort in the modern world but is there a feeling in the MSM that BLM as a slogan has run its course. The Kick it Out campaign is I am sure respected by the many and perhaps resonates more with the average man and woman that an American movement.

Noticed Sky reporter referred to it as showing support for “people of colour” rather than “black lives matter”. There is no place for racism of any sort in the modern world but is there a feeling in the MSM that BLM as a slogan has run its course. The Kick it Out campaign is I am sure respected by the many and perhaps resonates more with the average man and woman that an American movement.
See, is that phrase not pretty much the same as what Greg Clarke got sacked for? Saying ''coloured'' or ''people of colour'' is considered racist.

Still past it’s sell by date, no matter what point they’re making.
I think they are still doing it because they want to keep the message going. If they stop doing it then everyone will just forget about it again until some othe racist attrocity occurs. Then that will be talked about for a while and then forgotten about and nothing ever changes.

I personally don't think taking the knee is really helping much but I guess it is keeping the discussion going a bit.

I think it loses its purpose if it’s for people of colour rather than for black people. By making it generic it says to black people that they must be grouped with others and can’t actually have the focus, and also that by definition only white people can make a change. Not sure they’ve thought it through if they are indeed rebranding it.

No problem with our players or anyone else's taking the knee. Don't understand why some people take such umbrage. Can't think of an explanation other than they are great big racists.
Because it’s not actually an act which shows support for ‘equality,’ which would be absolutely fine. That can be achieved in countless way.

Kneeling, meanwhile, is an act of subservience and submission. To kneel in front of someone is to make yourself weak and vulnerable. And it goes without saying, that’s a totally different message altogether.

I think they are still doing it because they want to keep the message going. If they stop doing it then everyone will just forget about it again until some othe racist attrocity occurs. Then that will be talked about for a while and then forgotten about and nothing ever changes.

I personally don't think taking the knee is really helping much but I guess it is keeping the discussion going a bit.
Won't be forgotten, had it rammed down our throats, Black October as well, No, no it won't be forgotton. I know I'll never forget it.

Because it’s not actually an act which shows support for ‘equality,’ which would be absolutely fine. That can be achieved in countless way.

Kneeling, meanwhile, is an act of subservience and submission. To kneel in front of someone is to make yourself weak and vulnerable. And it goes without saying, that’s a totally different message altogether.

You reckon that's the reason why old white men don't like it?

Back