taking kids on holiday outside of school holidays

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's not luck

it's paying attention at school, prioritising your education when you are a child and applying yourself at university or whatever job you decide on and then working really f***ing hard so you can make those choices, it's deciding not to have children in your 20s so you can go on holidays all over the world and concentrate on your career

it isn't luck

it's hard work

Travelling is very much part of education. I guess you don't see that.

Owa lass came grew up in a deprived household & never went away, not even a weekend to Blackpool. As a result she never had that interest stimulated & has very little geographical knowledge other than the North East, and the few places we've been to.
Me on the other hand did have family holidays (mainly UK ones) and developed an interest in different in different places.
I know where countries are, what the capital is, what currency they use etc, she knarrs sod all.

retrain? sorry to hear about your bad luck but I honestly still don't think that is a reason to take your children out of school to go on holiday

in the 70s no one went on foreign holidays once a year

it really isn't that bad not leaving the country for your holiday

My kids have only had a few foreign holidays, maybe 4/5 - the rest have been in this country. All of them have been during term time though as it's cheaper and less crowded.

last time I looked there are holiday clubs for children

my parents had 7 children and managed

we just didn't go to Disneyland or to the beach

times have moved on in 30 odd years... many of us in our 40's probably never went abroad until our teens at the earliest

was a week in Blackpool or day trips out

nothing

just if you want to travel the world do that first

if you want to take your children on holiday do it in the school holidays

I mean, this really isn't complicated or that outrageous

children are meant to go to school first and foremost

I did all that. And now the bairn is going to see the world, with his family, even if it means missing the odd week of school every year.

what difference does it make

what happens when they get chicken pox or measles and have to off for a week....

they can still be given the work they missed if they need to catch up on anythign

Fuck you, and fuck logic.

Owa lass came grew up in a deprived household & never went away, not even a weekend to Blackpool. As a result she never had that interest stimulated & has very little geographical knowledge other than the North East, and the few places we've been to.
Me on the other hand did have family holidays (mainly UK ones) and developed an interest in different in different places.
I know where countries are, what the capital is, what currency they use etc, she knarrs sod all.

I knew a few lads like that growing up. Sad really, some of my best childhood memories were made on holiday.

retrain? sorry to hear about your bad luck but I honestly still don't think that is a reason to take your children out of school to go on holiday

in the 70s no one went on foreign holidays once a year

it really isn't that bad not leaving the country for your holiday

I quite enjoy the job I do right now thanks.

And I'm not taking my kids out of school, but neither would I vilify anyone who chose or was forced to do so, it's not really any of my business!

By the way we are having one holiday in the UK and one abroad, both are almost double what it is to go in term time, so it's not a matter of choosing to leave the country. It's an opportunity to go away and spend time with my child and partner and his child and make some good memories together.

I've had some decent caravan holidays in the UK. It's what you make of it.

Have you looked at Eurocamp and similar companies? It's posh camping! You have decent beds, a fridge, reasonable cooking facilities etc. That might be an option in Europe with a ferry crossing instead of flights. They do statics too. I've considered it but the long drive from here to the ferry port, then another long drive the next day which put me off as I'm the only driver.

Or gites in France are reasonable. That covers a whole load of accommodation from cottages to castles!

I used to work at a place like that before I had children. The parents were given first dibs and even then, there wasn't enough weeks for everyone to have time off in the school holidays.

I'm quite fortunate being freelance as I can be off when I want to but I appreciate not everyone is that lucky.

Were off to Whitley bay in a couple of weeks in a van I hope it's warm :lol:.

that's odd because most of my family speak several languages and studied the different cultures of the world without having holidays in term time in foreign countries:lol:

what difference does it make

what happens when they get chicken pox or measles and have to off for a week....

they can still be given the work they missed if they need to catch up on anythign

because, as per my original comment, this isn't about school work it's about prioritising school and application, turning up when you are meant to, not bending rules to suit your whims

this is about wanting a holiday above all else that is in another country... you can have great holidays here and brilliant family time or go somewhere cheap if you plan well in advance enough

I've had some decent caravan holidays in the UK. It's what you make of it.

Have you looked at Eurocamp and similar companies? It's posh camping! You have decent beds, a fridge, reasonable cooking facilities etc. That might be an option in Europe with a ferry crossing instead of flights. They do statics too. I've considered it but the long drive from here to the ferry port, then another long drive the next day which put me off as I'm the only driver.

Or gites in France are reasonable. That covers a whole load of accommodation from cottages to castles!

I used to work at a place like that before I had children. The parents were given first dibs and even then, there wasn't enough weeks for everyone to have time off in the school holidays.

I'm quite fortunate being freelance as I can be off when I want to but I appreciate not everyone is that lucky.

We looked at an awful lot over a period of a few months Becs, it wasnt that we were short of ideas per say, more that we wanted something specific.

The thing we have looks ok, its just the drive that im dreading, and if its peaceful or not.

Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

Were they enclosed?

In mexico the hotels have bigger swimming pools ... I stayed in a great big huge resort with 5 hotels on the complex that had everything... including a dolphin encounter which I was really disappointed about.

my Tripadvisor review said it was the one thing that would make me reconsider satying there again. Hoping enough pressure over time will see them remove it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back