Taking a toddler swimming

The bairn has used arm bands since he was about two, haven't noticed them restricting his movement and he's not complained about them.

I'll go for it. 2 yrs old and you are taking her to the baths for the first time? It's probably the most important life saving skill you can pass onto your offspring and I think you have left it too long. You might spend your holiday with a limpet now as she might be terrified and all that fun time could be missed.
I honestly think learning to swim is one of the best things we can teach our kids. Not just for safety but for fun times too.
I was the opposite at that age, I had no fear of water which isn't good. I would toddle into Felling, Chester le Street or Newcastle Rd baths and just dive in. Me dad had to watch me constantly as I was a right sod. We had our daughter to the baths as soon as she was immunised and she loves it. 18 now, PAddy trained and loves being in and about water which is helped with how confident she is.

We have a vest with arms thing. Terrible for restricting her movement but does allow her to get the feeling of controlling her position I the water. Also if they are anything like mine you could be in there for an hour and even with water support it a long time to hold them up.
Take a rubber duck or something to throw and then they can "swim" to get it too.

I'll go for it. 2 yrs old and you are taking her to the baths for the first time? It's probably the most important life saving skill you can pass onto your offspring and I think you have left it too long. You might spend your holiday with a limpet now as she might be terrified and all that fun time could be missed.
I honestly think learning to swim is one of the best things we can teach our kids. Not just for safety but for fun times too.
I was the opposite at that age, I had no fear of water which isn't good. I would toddle into Felling, Chester le Street or Newcastle Rd baths and just dive in. Me dad had to watch me constantly as I was a right sod. We had our daughter to the baths as soon as she was immunised and she loves it. 18 now, PAddy trained and loves being in and about water which is helped with how confident she is.
What a load of shit. My dads 66 and still cant swim and it hasnt affected his life at all. If theyve left it too late at 2 then what do you suggest ? Just never go in a pool again ?

Another disagreeing with you
You say a fear of water is good for you and bad for you in one post
Don't think kids are that fussed about pools and stuff like previous generations ,yeah they should be able to swim but it's not that great jumping around in a cold pool or freezing sea . We did it because there was not much to do

Who said it was the first time? We’ve taken her loads but because we’ve got a 1 yr old too it’s not always logistically possible. You come across as a bit of an arrogant self righteous prick to be honest although I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and pretend that you didn’t mean it the way it came over.

They are...
Ok doke
Ones I know aren't and there's a lot of pools closing .Not through over attendance
Holidays sun and pools go together but that's different

Who said it was the first time? We’ve taken her loads but because we’ve got a 1 yr old too it’s not always logistically possible. You come across as a bit of an arrogant self righteous prick to be honest although I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and pretend that you didn’t mean it the way it came over.
Yeah very Garth crooks

Ok doke
Ones I know aren't and there's a lot of pools closing .Not through over attendance
Holidays sun and pools go together but that's different

Yeah very Garth crooks
Where are pools closing and not reopening?

Sunderland and surrounding areas has at least 4 public pools I can think of.

I take my little girl to swimming lessons and there’s 200 kids go through on a weekend and god knows how many in total across all franchises.

All my friends with kids take there’s swimming regular.

Where are pools closing and not reopening?

Sunderland and surrounding areas has at least 4 public pools I can think of.

I take my little girl to swimming lessons and there’s 200 kids go through on a weekend and god knows how many in total across all franchises.

All my friends with kids take there’s swimming regular.
Maybe my perception
Newcastle Rd ,high St and leisure centre closed ,one replaces them
Went with my son and it wasn't exactly chocker ,used Hetton more when I moved ,comfortably quiet
I'd go to Newcastle Rd with my mates midweek and it was chokker, weekends more so ,then there's the other two
200 over a weekend isn't a lot

Maybe my perception
Newcastle Rd ,high St and leisure centre closed ,one replaces them
Went with my son and it wasn't exactly chocker ,used Hetton more when I moved ,comfortably quiet
I'd go to Newcastle Rd with my mates midweek and it was chokker, weekends more so ,then there's the other two
200 over a weekend isn't a lot
You’re missing what I’m saying.

I take my little’un to the Marriott in Durham for lessons. There’s at least 4 different swim franchises in the area all serving, I’d estimate around 1000 kids a week combined.

Comparing to Newcastle Road, haway man. Haven Point in Shields always chokka, Washington always chokka, aquatic centre busy, others routinely busy.

High Street, what decade are you talking here? Leisure Centre has also been closed years. All replaced with newer, better facilities.

If you go down the armbands route get the ones like these rather than the inflatable ones as you can remove the rings as she gets more confident in the water

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Delphin-42...SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=delphin+swim+discs

Has anyone heard anymore on the aquatic centre closure ? I suspect it won't be until after Aug 2019 now as they're committed to the world transplant games ?

I'm assuming Everyone Active will keep it open as long as they possibly can as they love their cash

Back