Taking a toddler swimming

my daughter is 2 and I’m taking her swimming leading up to our summer holiday, never taken her before and wanted to know, are arm bands or those buoyancy vests best. Or none at all?

Ps: I f***ing hate swimming

my daughter is 2 and I’m taking her swimming leading up to our summer holiday, never taken her before and wanted to know, are arm bands or those buoyancy vests best. Or none at all?

Ps: I f***ing hate swimming
Vest was decent enough for mine, but they sink under to an extent in both....better than nothing though.

Had to give up going with my little girl. Iur local pool was so full of mucus and urine we'd all end up with colds everyting we visited.

She can learn on holiday.

Vest will chafe like fuck under her arms and chin after an hour in the pool mind, armbands tend to not do this

Vest or rubber ring.

She’s not going to be learning to swim there I assume.
No, I’m just getting her used to the water initially but I am wanting her to learn to swim too

Had to give up going with my little girl. Iur local pool was so full of mucus and urine we'd all end up with colds everyting we visited.

She can learn on holiday.
We go to a gym called David Lloyd’s and it’s decent for swimming. We live on teesside though so might be too far for you

Vest will chafe like fuck under her arms and chin after an hour in the pool mind, armbands tend to not do this
You can get them where they’re like a swimming suit

No, I’m just getting her used to the water initially but I am wanting her to learn to swim too

We go to a gym called David Lloyd’s and it’s decent for swimming. We live on teesside though so might be too far for you

You can get them where they’re like a swimming suit
My daughter is similar age and has been going to swimming lessons since 3 months old. It’ll be another year before she can swim independently.

Focus on having fun and being safe. A rubber ring will do.

sure we got a little rubber ring with a pair of plastic pants inside when ours was tiny, possibly armbands too.

you'll be holding on to them anyway so in hindsight i would say leave deciding until she has been a few times and you can guage what she's like in the water.

We take ours (16 months) and have done since they were little. No floatation devices, just hold on to them and get them to enjoy the water. Hold them on their tummy and get them to kick.
Water babies? Great for water confidence. My little girl has been going since 3 months and is so confident in the water.

In a pool when they’re not used to swimming I think a woggle or rubber ring will make it more enjoyable for both the parent and child.

Back