Taking a 4% pay cut to work two days less per week

Ah right i`m with you, you mean with the length of service usually built in to accrue the entitlement. Hope it does for the lad but reading the OP it does make you wonder what the catch is, other than having to travel instead of WFH

Even if it turns out the be the best possible outcome I still might not take it.

I have an interview at an agency in Shoreditch next week which is much more convenient and the pay’s better, and I also have the option of going to work with a former colleague at his new place on a 3-month temp-to-perm basis on a day rate for the first three months.

Keeping my options well and truly open. If it all just seems like a bit of a hassle i’ll just stay put for the rest of the year.

Last edited:

Second interviews for both jobs next week.

Job 1
Pros:

3 days a week
Dog-friendly office
Reputable company
Cons:
4% less coin than I'm on now
Based in central London
12 month contract
Only working on one client
Not sure if hours are flexible

Job 2
Pros:

11% salary increase
Flexible working hours
Based in east London
Permanent contract
Dog-friendly office
Several clients to work on
Cons:
5 days a week
Relatively new company

If I'm lucky enough to get offered both, what would you do? I feel like at 32 I might be too young to be winding down to a 3-day week.

Second interviews for both jobs next week.

Job 1
Pros:

3 days a week
Dog-friendly office
Reputable company
Cons:
4% less coin than I'm on now
Based in central London
12 month contract
Only working on one client
Not sure if hours are flexible

Job 2
Pros:

11% salary increase
Flexible working hours
Based in east London
Permanent contract
Dog-friendly office
Several clients to work on
Cons:
5 days a week
Relatively new company

If I'm lucky enough to get offered both, what would you do? I feel like at 32 I might be too young to be winding down to a 3-day week.

Take the second one and chase the money whilst you’re still young.

What's a dog friendly office?

In all of my years of working I've only ever known of dogs being welcome when they're either part of the workforce or for blind people.

Back