Taking a 4% pay cut to work two days less per week

If it was the same amount but five days a week I'd not be taking it as it would mean jacking in a full time job where I work from home to then have to be Westminster every day and be on less money.
No I’m asking what the full time salary would be (ie divide the three day salary by 0.6). Does that sound like it’s a correct salary for a full time job?

It's not massively high but it's definitely a touch higher than I'd expect. Also don't be nasty man I'm having my dreams shattered here.

No, sounds like you’ve been oversold a job by a recruitment consultant. You wouldn’t be the first.

Just check with the agency before you commit to anything.

Oh I'm way off anything like that I've only just started putting the feelers out for a move. Just never imagined I'd consider moving jobs for less money.

Just tell him he's had a blonde day man woman

I just got excited at the thought of having a a four day weekend.

Last edited:
It's not massively high but it's definitely a touch higher than I'd expect. Also don't be nasty man I'm having my dreams shattered here.

Oh I'm way off anything like that I've only just started putting the feelers out for a move. Just never imagined I'd consider moving jobs for less money.

I just got excited at the thought of having a a four day weekend.

Tbf I'd be all over it if it was genuine

Everyone is different though. I no for certain i wouldn’t get bored.
I never thought I would get bored being off shit loads but I did. Most of the people I know who retired went on to get another job, the ones that don’t tend to have young grandkids so throw themselves into that. Very few retired at 50 and did no more graft ever, a fair few of those spend/spent a lot of time down the boozer which although fun isn’t ideal if you want a long retirement.

Haven’t even interviewed for it yet so we’ll have to see.

The recruiter floated it by me as “it’s less money than you want but it’s only three days a week and it’s £XXk a year”.
It wouldn't be full time here in SoCal and although I am not sure how it works there, from what @HellsBells said, it doesn't sound that much different from here.

Thread lightly, pal, and ask a shitload of questions. You want to make sure you know what you are getting into so just be cautious.

Just seen the job spec.

No mention of 'full time equivalent', just says 'Salary: up to £XXk DOE'.

It wouldn't be full time here in SoCal and although I am not sure how it works there, from what @HellsBells said, it doesn't sound that much different from here.

Thread lightly, pal, and ask a shitload of questions. You want to make sure you know what you are getting into so just be cautious.

Why do people think I won't ask these questions? :lol:

Don't worry peeps I'm not on about handing my notice in tomorrow because a recruiter has floated a job spec by me.

Last edited:
Just seen the job spec.

No mention of 'full time equivalent', just says 'Salary: up to £XXk DOE'.

Why do people think I won't ask these questions? :lol:

Don't worry peeps I'm not on about handing my notice in tomorrow because a recruiter has floated a job spec by me.
Oh, sure, now you're testy but if I had been a girl at a bar who told you to close the damn door just by looking at you, then no problem? f***ing A
;)

Yeah, but they often quite part time jobs as £Xk a year FTE (full time equivalent).

Even just looking at the holidays. 28 days holidays for three day’s work a week works out as 46 holidays a year if you were working full time. That sounds unlikely.

I’d check with the recruiter before you interview.
TBF mind Hells i`m on not far short of 46 days a year but that includes statutaries. But as we are annualised its given as 355.odd or something daft hours a year

TBF mind Hells i`m on not far short of 46 days a year but that includes statutaries. But as we are annualised its given as 355.odd or something daft hours a year
Yeah I get 32 plus 8 stat (FTE) so it’s not out of the question, but it’s unlikely for a new start. I’ve been there nearly six year now, I wouldn’t get that if I was new.

Who knows, it might work out to be a great opportunity and @MackneyHackem will be laughing. :)

Yeah I get 32 plus 8 stat (FTE) so it’s not out of the question, but it’s unlikely for a new start. I’ve been there nearly six year now, I wouldn’t get that if I was new.

Who knows, it might work out to be a great opportunity and @MackneyHackem will be laughing. :)
Ah right i`m with you, you mean with the length of service usually built in to accrue the entitlement. Hope it does for the lad but reading the OP it does make you wonder what the catch is, other than having to travel instead of WFH

Back