Takeover News/Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Despite the fact there's no benefit for Donald in doing that.
It’s certainly shut a lot of people up, who believe foolishly imo the takeover is going to happen, so think you are wrong, there is a benefit to SD, it moved everything down the road, which he has played perfectly then in a months time or so it will no doubt come out its off, with a not my fault footnote attached.

But even “stuff from the club”. Who? A youth team coach? Someone in the ticket office? I’ve know people in these jobs and they know nout. So it suggests it’s someone high up. I know you are sayin there’s not loads in that bracket and I’m still quite new on here but I keep seein the same three or four name who “always know stuff”
I get what you're saying, but the 3 that most are talking about on here (I'm not including Bob who seems to have returned since your post) are Prehab, and it's already known he's been getting stuff from in and around the club for years (AJ signing), and the other 2 are Rubberface and Magnus on 606, and neither of those fit your argument - Rubberface says his source is outside the club trying to buy in, and opinion on Magnus is his source is linked to the current regime, possibly someone like Fox, so not people who have been leaking info from the club for years.

I get what you're saying, but the 3 that most are talking about on here (I'm not including Bob who seems to have returned since your post) are Prehab, and it's already known he's been getting stuff from in and around the club for years (AJ signing), and the other 2 are Rubberface and Magnus on 606, and neither of those fit your argument - Rubberface says his source is outside the club trying to buy in, and opinion on Magnus is his source is linked to the current regime, possibly someone like Fox, so not people who have been leaking info from the club for years.
How long ago did AJ sign? Can’t be the same source. a transfer, a lad who is from the area signing is not the same as this.

and for the life of me can’t understand why some foreign billionaire would tell some bloke from Sunderland knowing he’ll post on here when they need to be quiet about it

Last edited:
How long ago did AJ sign? Can’t be the same source. a transfer, a lad who is from the area signing is not the same as this.

and for the life of me can’t understand why some foreign billionaire would tell some bloke from Sunderland knowing he’ll post on here when they need to be quiet about it
I've no idea what Prehab's links are. Bally has been there for years - he would have been coaching when the local lad was signing and now seems to be close to SD. What about the other 2? Or were you meaning foreign billionaire in response to Rubberface? If that group exists then the link is also a local lad (Mickey Gray) so not that far fetched.

If you'd actually read all of prehabs post then you could have actually worked out who his contact within the club was, if it is who I think it is then yes he would have known quite a lot of stuff for quite a number of years

I'm pretty sure Prehab used to work at the club (possibly the foundation) and has a lot of contacts as a result.

As for the AJ thing, iirc that was info from AJ's family rather than the club.

You can believe what you want at the end of the day. I can't vouch for any of them personally but Prehab has posted stuff he's heard in the past in good faith, and he's got plenty of personal stuff going on at the minute so I doubt he's doing it for attention.

There might be... I mean the below is a completely made up scenario, I'm not saying it happened.

Just what if... Micky Gray's lads weren't offering enough, and he needed a gambit to play in order to squeeze more cash into their bid.

So he gets Sartori to 'make a bid' that then enters a period of excusivity. Gray's boys are still hanging around, so he leaks that the POE is over but they have a broad agreement in place, still got some talks to finish... going once... going twice...

Just saying, its possible to derive benefit from it if that's what the situation was.

Playing the long game for a £50m offer from William Storey in my opinion! ;)

I'm pretty sure Prehab used to work at the club (possibly the foundation) and has a lot of contacts as a result.

As for the AJ thing, iirc that was info from AJ's family rather than the club.

You can believe what you want at the end of the day. I can't vouch for any of them personally but Prehab has posted stuff he's heard in the past in good faith, and he's got plenty of personal stuff going on at the minute so I doubt he's doing it for attention.

I can vouch for prehab personally, and he's definitely not an attention seeker or a bullshitter. You're right as well, I don't think he's got one contact as such, there's a few people at the club who he gets stuff off.

he said last week that it was progressing and about to go to EFL and he’s adamant his info is right.

unless he’s being fed shite by SD or CM i find it surprising he’s sticking by it unless he was fairly sure. We’ll soon see

It should concern everyone that he seems to have a very poor grasp of what's involved.

I'd take everything he's said in terms of validating his info with a pinch of salt.

If this is the case then Barnes can hang his source out to dry.
FWIW, I would believe Barnes over Madbobby, one works for the Bbc and has to check his facts, the other is a loon with a variety of claims which have been inaccurate.

You know most of what's going on and it's a fact. I think you can confirm that A.
Barnes was fed a line and he just ran with it.
There is no takeover lets just move on.
Investment is now only a maybe, not a given.
The truth is only SD knows where this will go, so everyone stop getting excited.
I only posted this for my good mate gillygaff he is a sound bloke.
Take this post as it is written Bob. Like the board when you are posting

Wigan are for sale for £3.3m. Club, stadium and training ground. Thats the min amount that’d pay off all creditors thus avoiding a 15pt deduction next season. There’s been no takers. A deal for £2.2m may be possible apparently if buyer is prepared to take on a 15 pt penalty but no ones buying in covid times.
Macclesfield are no more. Wound up yesterday. For sale at £500k though a deal was possible for £150k but no ones buying in covid times.
We don’t hear much from the “it’s only flu“ crew these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back