Takeover News/Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't help that West Ham are turning down bids for £400m . Stew won't be able to sleep at night knowing he's only two miracle promotions away from filling his boots !
It would be a miracle of epic proportions, as our owner blatantly doesn’t want to invest any more money in our club.

Due diligence will be costly though and these are business men. If they think they’re getting nowhere they’ll pull the plug rather than continue to put resources into something futile. I don’t think we’re at that point just yet though.
I appreciate the complexities of business deals of this magnitude mate, I’m talking in a more overall sense though. People with proper money and backing with a real desire to succeed would not walk away.

Barnes demonstrated very clearly last night that he does not check facts, or does not check them well, and doesn't particularly have any curiosity when it comes to these things.

His statement on the striking off of FPP Sunderland at CH yesterday was almost devoid of accuracy.

I'm now erring on the side of him accepting any old tripe.
This for me. Created an echo chamber where people are all confirming each other’s whispers. Not saying anyone is lying or owt like that but I still think the Magnus post is far too convenient to be true. The Barnes thing and other bits just reinforced it and people ran with it.

As for people saying donald has nothing to gain by leaking false rumours, I don’t agree at all. He might be trying to encourage investors to step up, drive competitive pricing and it also takes focus away from what a dreadful situation were in. Yes there’s no one in the stadium but there was a lot of momentum gathering online which has gone completely.

It would be a miracle of epic proportions, as our owner blatantly doesn’t want to invest any more money in our club.
Remember in Stew's World it costs nothing to get promoted from League 1 , anyone could finance it on their credit card. It's only due to unbelievable bad luck that we haven't been promoted at the first two attempts. So in Stew's brain we're already a championship club. Then if you remember the happy clapper podcast early days , he used to crack on that we were okay for mid table champo as we are , he was only short about £25m from building a team that would absolutely walk the championship ( probably get 100 points) .
So if we're £25m and two years away from being West Ham why isn't poor Stew getting offered £375m for the club ?

I appreciate your reply. If they really want the club, however, I would have thought they’d fight tooth and nail to get a deal done and also expose Donald as the stumbling block if that truly is the case.

I just can’t comprehend that anyone who wanted to resurrect a club that’s currently dying a slow, painful death would simply think “Oh he’s not entertaining us and is being unfair, so we will just walk meekly away”. It doesn’t make sense.

It’s also pretty clear from past posts that you seemingly have a link to TS, a non exec director, who must have an opinion on all these alleged shenanigans?

A group of potential owners with guts and a will to succeed would not walk away from something they really wanted
I don't know TS personally but do know people who are very close to him personally. Bepieve me, they've walked away once before. Looks like they've walked away for good now.

This for me. Created an echo chamber where people are all confirming each other’s whispers. Not saying anyone is lying or owt like that but I still think the Magnus post is far too convenient to be true. The Barnes thing and other bits just reinforced it and people ran with it.

As for people saying donald has nothing to gain by leaking false rumours, I don’t agree at all. He might be trying to encourage investors to step up, drive competitive pricing and it also takes focus away from what a dreadful situation were in. Yes there’s no one in the stadium but there was a lot of momentum gathering online which has gone completely.
Barnes just trawls this place for info and is naive on business matters (c.C.Methven).
Thinks it’s normal if anyone mentions a young girl being accosted at a bus stop in Oxford with no follow up query!

if there is no takeover which i have had serious doubts about all along then it is quite an unbelieavble story if Stewy has put Storey up to this charade. Imagine that !

I've put on here numerous occasions an offer been accepted months ago but Donald won't entertain certain person in talks, even tho the person is not involved financially. Last i heard Monday night was they were pulling out for good, sick of Donald's petulance. Heard nothing since.

Donald is always the issue. I'd heard he was just going to gamble on promotion this season, not that it is reflected in our transfer business.

If, and I have no itk info at all, the takeover is off, would anyone really be surprised that Donald is to blame? Honestly, he loves the power it gives him, given that we are such a big club, especially in the tin pot league we are in. He can't let it go. The power, the potential to make millions, to satisfy his ego or even just the chance to employ his mates are all obvious reasons why he doesn't really want to sell. The whole 'This is Sunderland' bollocks when he first took over, completely gave the game away. He couldn't believe his luck, getting a club like ours, on the cheap, with huge advantages for getting promoted at the first attempt. He got the support onside, took a flyer on an unproven manager, bought journeyman who he thought would be just about good enough and sold anything that wasn't nailed down, especially talent for the years ahead, as that wasn't going to be his concern. Employed his ill equipped mates to run key areas of the club and charmed the media through marketing and spin. I hate to sound like them up the road, but it really is getting to the stage where a boycott will be all that's left to us to, at least try, to enforce change. Difficult at this time obviously, but it won't last forever, so for now stop buying streams, shirts or whatever we can that financially support the club. It is a gamble, I accept that, but what is the alternative? We plod along in this godforsaken league, watching the dross served up by Parkinson and major decisions being made by a completely arrogant, lying chancer, who does not have the clubs best interest at heart? Anyone with any genuine interest in my club at all, would have sold it already to give it a fighting chance of survival, not pissed about trying to squeeze every penny out of something that's dying on it's arse anyway.

How much money must the club be losing every week we don't have fans? I can't see Donald putting money in to cover this so the debts must be accumulating already.

If anything was going to push Donald over the edge to sell the club then it will be this, if we fail again and no fans have been in the stadium all season the value of the club will have plummeted

Him and especially Methven really pissed people 'very high' up at the club to leave. Couldn't work with them "f***ing bunch of amateurs and wankers the both of them" were the words i got told from an ex employee.

I know the old club solicitor and she left because of Methven

If, and I have no itk info at all, the takeover is off, would anyone really be surprised that Donald is to blame? Honestly, he loves the power it gives him, given that we are such a big club, especially in the tin pot league we are in. He can't let it go. The power, the potential to make millions, to satisfy his ego or even just the chance to employ his mates are all obvious reasons why he doesn't really want to sell. The whole 'This is Sunderland' bollocks when he first took over, completely gave the game away. He couldn't believe his luck, getting a club like ours, on the cheap, with huge advantages for getting promoted at the first attempt. He got the support onside, took a flyer on an unproven manager, bought journeyman who he thought would be just about good enough and sold anything that wasn't nailed down, especially talent for the years ahead, as that wasn't going to be his concern. Employed his ill equipped mates to run key areas of the club and charmed the media through marketing and spin. I hate to sound like them up the road, but it really is getting to the stage where a boycott will be all that's left to us to, at least try, to enforce change. Difficult at this time obviously, but it won't last forever, so for now stop buying streams, shirts or whatever we can that financially support the club. It is a gamble, I accept that, but what is the alternative? We plod along in this godforsaken league, watching the dross served up by Parkinson and major decisions being made by a completely arrogant, lying chancer, who does not have the clubs best interest at heart? Anyone with any genuine interest in my club at all, would have sold it already to give it a fighting chance of survival, not pissed about trying to squeeze every penny out of something that's dying on it's arse anyway.

Paragraphs are your friend. Reading your rant felt like you said everything without pausing for breath 😮. I agreed with a lot of what you said btw. 👍

Doesn't surprise me. The one i'm talking about was a major playing role business side of the club. Would have worked wonders if he'd stayed

My contact there was significantly more polite when he described CM and SD. He said he couldn't believe how political everything was between the owners. Which for him was as severe a rebuke as he ever would say. Mind, he also told me Parkinson would get us promoted this season so I did begin to doubt his credentials a touch.

My contact there was significantly more polite when he described CM and SD. He said he couldn't believe how political everything was between the owners. Which for him was as severe a rebuke as he ever would say. Mind, he also told me Parkinson would get us promoted this season so I did begin to doubt his credentials a touch.

Sounds like SD called a club meeting, got everyone in a room and told them ' if anybody asks....we are getting 100 points this season...pass it on' :D

"Couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery"..."Charlie is an arsehole and Donald up to his neck to it out of his depth". But, they wouldn't accept 'advice' from anyone. Even tho this person had worked at the top table of football and business. He simply couldn't work "with amateurs".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back