Takeover News/Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is correct. You could not get this through any credible Investment Committee.

Even if interested (for whatever reason) - in the context outlined above, you would always defer until this plays out - this is the coldest of cold assets. So you would only place a bid when you have better visibility on the wider landscape, and that timing gap also delivers you a weakened vendor with no alternative ‘out’.

They won’t be running a formal process - the asset is too small and unattractive - so there’s no competitive tension in a situation where pricing is (or appears to be) ‘unusual’, putting it kindly.

Thanks

Yeah I agree with a lot of this. I've said before that our best hope with someone like Furhman is that it's a completely emotional decision, because we're in a really poor situation and crucially, we're definitely in a worse all round position, with worse financial projections than we would have had last year when he said no. The same contradiction is that someone that in love with the idea of owning us would not hang on until we were much worse off in footballing terms.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree with a lot of this. I've said before that our best hope with someone like Furhman is that it's a completely emotional decision, because we're in a really poor situation and crucially, we're definitely in a worse all round position, with worse financial projections than we would have had last year when he said no. The same contradiction is that someone that in love with the idea of owning us would not hang on until we were much worse off in footballing terms.

Yep, you wouldnt want to see the club damaged in footballing terms, but if I was in that position (dream), I also wouldnt want the greedy bastard trousering £20 million of parachute money from me, and before anyone starts, his profit is based upon around that figure, it did not come out of his finances

If you look at the present situation in the cold light of day, there is no verifiable evidence for a takeover. This might be because of NDAs, but it might not, again no evidence. There is clear evidence that the club has virtually no income at the moment, and hasn't had since last season was curtailed, but it still has significant costs to cover. The club's owners have repeatedly said that they don't have the money to run the club themselves, they need outside investment, they have said this from the beginning. You can have as much wishful thinking as you want, you can quote the ITKs, but the only logical conclusion at the moment, is that administration can't be far away. As for the £10 million loan, I would imagine that's long gone. This is not me being a prophet of doom, it's actually how things stand at the moment.
This is a real fear under the current situation and it doesn't look like it's going to ease anytime soon. Whilst I do believe interested parties are circling, I also believe they are playing a waiting game as you alluded to in previous posts. I also think the end game could be administration, points deduction and new owners all at the same time like Southampton in 2009.

Another week of not very much passes. Only updates here or over the road are Gilly stringing them along on not606 rather than on here which is a positive. Be interesting to see if Nick "Barnsey" Barnes says much later other than the usual empty "things are progressing" stuff.

This is correct. You could not get this through any credible Investment Committee.

Even if interested (for whatever reason) - in the context outlined above, you would always defer until this plays out - this is the coldest of cold assets. So you would only place a bid when you have better visibility on the wider landscape, and that timing gap also delivers you a weakened vendor with no alternative ‘out’.

They won’t be running a formal process - the asset is too small and unattractive - so there’s no competitive tension in a situation where pricing is (or appears to be) ‘unusual’, putting it kindly.

Thanks

I'm going to try and translate the second and third paragraph.

Someone thinking of buying SAFC, should take their time, wait and see what happens, other potential investors, covid etc. There are tax advantages in buying SAFC when the price is low, but probably only for other companies in the investors portfolio. (bit unsure about that bit, it might mean, it's a bit of a punt, because it's on the point of going under, but there is quite a bit of potential there.) You only make your bid when everything settles down a bit and you can actually do some realistic financial planning. In the meantime, with any luck, the vendor is getting himself into even more debt and you should be able negotiate a bargain price, because he has no alternative other than to cut his losses.

Everything will very informal, because for these guys £40 million is jangling pocket money. SAFC and football in general, is a very risky investment, and lots of work would be needed to get any returns. And as there is nobody else interested in the club because the price asked would appear to be unrealistic, the pressure is all on the vendor.

Someone thinking of buying SAFC, should take their time, wait and see what happens, other potential investors, covid etc. There are tax advantages in buying SAFC when the price is low, but probably only for other companies in the investors portfolio. (bit unsure about that bit, it might mean, it's a bit of a punt, because it's on the point of going under, but there is quite a bit of potential there.) You only make your bid when everything settles down a bit and you can actually do some realistic financial planning. In the meantime, with any luck, the vendor is getting himself into even more debt and you should be able negotiate a bargain price, because he has no alternative other than to cut his losses.

Everything will very informal, because for these guys £40 million is jangling pocket money. SAFC and football in general, is a very risky investment, and lots of work would be needed to get any returns. And as there is nobody else interested in the club because the price asked would appear to be unrealistic, the pressure is all on the vendor.

Unless you own the club and are purposefully delaying the deal to try and whip up more interest or indeed asking an energy drinks maniac to pretend to buy the club just to ge the price higher off serious buyers and give him a cut when it sells.

Theres so many ways to skin a cat

Well that’s f***ing filled me with hope. 😩😩

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back