Takeover News/Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is the championship. It's an absolute financial chasm.

I have no idea why redbull dont buy us. They could loan us the players to get us promoted whilst increasing their asset value. Once promoted they could make an absolute fortune from player training.

Its because Red Bull are a busted flush these days. They wont be making any more investments in sporting organisations for the foreseeable. All efforts will be directed into hanging on to their market share, as they will be terrified on being steam rollered by Rich Energy.

I think covid has stopped all possible deals.

Of course it has mate, who in their right mind would pay tens of millions of pounds for a business that's been making eye watering losses for as long as anyone can remember, which currently relies on spectators for possibly around 90% of its income, in a world where live spectators are verboten.

I know there are all kinds of mechanisms and value ratchets that can be factored into the agreement but I just can't see anything concluding until there's clear light at the end of the coronavirus tunnel.

In the meantime we plod on with Parkio...

I didn't say you had to....The post wasn't in response to what you had posted! :lol:

Nothing is happening in regards to a takeover, a winding up order is more realistic in the near future.
If you look at the present situation in the cold light of day, there is no verifiable evidence for a takeover. This might be because of NDAs, but it might not, again no evidence. There is clear evidence that the club has virtually no income at the moment, and hasn't had since last season was curtailed, but it still has significant costs to cover. The club's owners have repeatedly said that they don't have the money to run the club themselves, they need outside investment, they have said this from the beginning. You can have as much wishful thinking as you want, you can quote the ITKs, but the only logical conclusion at the moment, is that administration can't be far away. As for the £10 million loan, I would imagine that's long gone. This is not me being a prophet of doom, it's actually how things stand at the moment.

He doesnt respond so this tweet from him has just whipped people into a takeover frenzy....

What picture does Summerbee have on his phone
It was on the podcast with Summerbee and Makin. It was the pannini prem card from 97. Summerbee kept taking piss saying you may have changed but this is still you :)

Of course it has mate, who in their right mind would pay tens of millions of pounds for a business that's been making eye watering losses for as long as anyone can remember, which currently relies on spectators for possibly around 90% of its income, in a world where live spectators are verboten.

I know there are all kinds of mechanisms and value ratchets that can be factored into the agreement but I just can't see anything concluding until there's clear light at the end of the coronavirus tunnel.

In the meantime we plod on with Parkio...

This is correct. You could not get this through any credible Investment Committee.

Even if interested (for whatever reason) - in the context outlined above, you would always defer until this plays out - this is the coldest of cold assets. So you would only place a bid when you have better visibility on the wider landscape, and that timing gap also delivers you a weakened vendor with no alternative ‘out’.

They won’t be running a formal process - the asset is too small and unattractive - so there’s no competitive tension in a situation where pricing is (or appears to be) ‘unusual’, putting it kindly.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back