Takeover News/Rumours - Part 42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did/has KS mentioned the Head of Academy role? I know he said about a Head of Recruitment but that was in the context of that not being his strength. I wonder if, because it's his area of expertise, he may absorb that into his own role and remit initially. I don't know if that would stretch him too far though and not allow him to focus on the bigger picture as he should/would under the structure you suggested.
There was a rumour that one of his assistants at Birmingham City might joining him as Head of Academy. I reckon will we will fill both of those roles in the coming weeks.

From what I'd read I had hopes the Cowley's could deliver both.
A team managed by Johnson has never finished above our current league position (ok at different levels, but in terms of results, PPG).
I just have an inkling from the appointment of Johnson that on-field results might be less important to the new owners than development and sale of youth.
What they going to do if we go up because they are going to have to spend millions to replace this lot.

From both interviews, it looks like our new SpD and Head Coach are really bigging up the importance of the academy and especially the youth (16 and under ages). Maybe I’m reading through the lines but it looks like they are trying all out from the get go to keep all of those academy products having their heads turned by clubs higher up the division.

The appointment of LJ is a Donald decision (cheapest) which means there is no takeover. We are going to be league one for ages.

Ok mate CM was asked by SD to join this club on the basis he was gonna do PR and media but SD asked him to step up when he realised it was a massive job.
When the wheels fell off re the Ross era CM wanted to bring in fresh investment JS agreed but SD did not want any of it.
Do I blame any of them. Yes but the buck stops with SD for now.
And yes they know how much we are pissed off but once you dip your toe its hard to pull out.
Cheers Bob

Grumps I always like your posts but u are wrong on this mate
The appointment of LJ is a Donald decision (cheapest) which means there is no takeover. We are going to be league one for ages.
Fuck off mag

There is nothing in the media to suggest that either LJ or KS have been appointed by the supposed new owners. In fact neither of them have said who the owners are and simply reffered to them as "the owners"

Takeover my arse.

L’Equipe article said new owners had hired a company to recruit the new sporting director. KS said in his interview he was responsible for choosing coach

Ok mate CM was asked by SD to join this club on the basis he was gonna do PR and media but SD asked him to step up when he realised it was a massive job.
When the wheels fell off re the Ross era CM wanted to bring in fresh investment JS agreed but SD did not want any of it.
Do I blame any of them. Yes but the buck stops with SD for now.
And yes they know how much we are pissed off but once you dip your toe its hard to pull out.

Grumps I always like your posts but u are wrong on this mate

So what are you saying then. Are you implying new fella investing only and that SD, CM & JS still in control?

There’s nee takeover man, Donald has just suddenly decided to invest in a whole new structure that focuses on developing young talent and using a modern approach to scouting, after spending the last two years cutting costs everywhere, selling any academy product he could for 10p and a curly wurly and paying Tony Coton to watch match of the day.

From both interviews, it looks like our new SpD and Head Coach are really bigging up the importance of the academy and especially the youth (16 and under ages). Maybe I’m reading through the lines but it looks like they are trying all out from the get go to keep all of those academy products having their heads turned by clubs higher up the division.

That’s what we’ve desperately needed for the last 3 years. Unfortunately for the new boys, it’s going to take a long time to recover from that debacle but hopefully we can start stealing some decent youngsters ourselves, not continue to try it out with others cast offs...
Also, following his return from Uruguay after the elections over there, didn't SD say that 'Juan has been very vocal since his return' ?
I think that JS and KLD are now calling the shots.

There’s no “thinking” about it.

Sartori and KLD are in charge, Donald will be a silent shareholder moving forward, having no say in the decisions made. The only fly in the ointment is that Methven is in the background but people have to realise, the major footballing decisions that have been made over the last few years have been from Donald. And he’s no longer going to be doing that. It’s over for him.

We should be delighted but this place is full of doom mongers. I wanted Donald out before most on here, I’ve absolutely hated him for all those catastrophic decisions, but lads... it’s over. Time for KLD’s and (finally) Sartori’s money and a new start...

I promise you mate. He makes no further footballing decisions at Sunderland. None.
There is nothing in the media to suggest that either LJ or KS have been appointed by the supposed new owners. In fact neither of them have said who the owners are and simply reffered to them as "the owners"

Takeover my arse.

Then you’ll be pleasantly surprised this coming week hopefully! 😘

Last edited:
Also, following his return from Uruguay after the elections over there, didn't SD say that 'Juan has been very vocal since his return' ?
I think that JS and KLD are now calling the shots.

Be careful marra.....consideration and a thoughtful approach is in very short supply on here these days.

For all my disappointment regarding Johnson what you are describing there is really good and long overdue news. If its to do with new owners then it will be the start of a repair job for the great damage done by Donald and Methven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back