Table service…..

I’ll not miss it, I love standing behind groups of lasses who order cocktails one by one and other twats pushing in to get served before me.
That is one problem for me like the cocktail drinkers. Luckily for me 90% of the places I drink do bother with them

Agreed. When our beer of choice went off, he offered an alternative, explained how it tasted etc. Think even they would struggle on a busy day. That's why I'm a fan of apps (assuming you can choose which ales you want).
Seems to be more pubs opening all the time in Sunderland which will help , i would have been a bit lost on match days if Fitzgerald's hadn't reopened, assume dun cow etc will open up soon
That is one problem for me like the cocktail drinkers. Luckily for me 90% of the places I drink do bother with them
Add to that lasses buying gin and tonics, fuckwits buying food or tea and coffee

Last edited:
Yes, and fortunately most places I drink are keeping it, some of them permanently. Others doing a hybrid model now.

With table service you can still go to the bar to see what they sell. In fact you can even sit at the bar if you want as it frees up seating capacity there.
It’s been a game changer down here - I’ll probably not drink in many places that don’t have it anymore

Still table service in Travelling man today. Just finished our £5.95 tea time specials, very nice too.
As others have said I like to scan the Real Ales on offer usually and find out the best sellers to aid choice. Nee bother here like as they don't sell them but Shipyard was canny.

Can pay with cash using table service. Did it at weekend in Bar Bach.
Just slows everything down for everyone massively I’ve found. Server will come to take order, go fetch the drinks, return with drinks and take cash, back to bar to get change before bringing it back. All of that instead of just going to the bar seems silly to me.

I’ll not miss it, I love standing behind groups of lasses who order cocktails one by one and other twats pushing in to get served before me.

And then someone orders 4 coffees of different types.

When it gets busy the landlord of my local always says that the coffee machine was broken.

Same, not really an issue when out with mates as we rarely go to bars that cocktail drinking lasses frequent either tbf, but if I’m out with my lass it’s usually in Newcastle on a Saturday afternoon/early evening and it’s bars where cocktails are pretty popular. Hopefully they’ll still do some form of table service, even if it takes a while longer to get served I’d still rather wait whist seated rather than squashed at the bar.

I'd like to have both. Places with an app are canny, can't always be arsed having to get up and queue with loads of bellends pushing in etc. Order on an app, sit in comfort and wait for it to come to me. If places are quiet I don't mind going to the bar, but as a general rule if people can do something for me, I'll take that in preference to having to do it myself

I'd like to have both. Places with an app are canny, can't always be arsed having to get up and queue with loads of bellends pushing in etc. Order on an app, sit in comfort and wait for it to come to me. If places are quiet I don't mind going to the bar, but as a general rule if people can do something for me, I'll take that in preference to having to do it myself

I wonder if some places will start charging a small service charge for table service. Personally, I wouldn't mind especially if you are in a large group. Having someone carry a big round to your table would be worth a couple of quid and it it would help pay for more staff.

I wonder if some places will start charging a small service charge for table service. Personally, I wouldn't mind especially if you are in a large group. Having someone carry a big round to your table would be worth a couple of quid and it it would help pay for more staff.
Loads already have a service charge

Back