Table service…..

In the pubs coming to end for some. Saw that some have stopped it from today.

Will you miss it?
Not for me personally. For the effort of going to the bar you can get ya drink a lot quicker from my experience. The waiting time to be served at my table has been much higher than pre Covid when you could just pop to the bar. Takes the weight off workers shoulders as well which is much needed after the pandemic

Not that I've been out enough to miss it but I hope it is here to stay in most places. Other than seeing what ales are on, I can't see any benefit of going to the bar. I'm making the assumption that we're talking about using an app rather than trying to collar a member of staff.

Pubs with apps/QR codes it'll be kept. Pubs without them won't, but for those Pubs it was shite anyway as you could never flag staff down to get served

Yes, and fortunately most places I drink are keeping it, some of them permanently. Others doing a hybrid model now.

With table service you can still go to the bar to see what they sell. In fact you can even sit at the bar if you want as it frees up seating capacity there.

Not that I've been out enough to miss it but I hope it is here to stay in most places. Other than seeing what ales are on, I can't see any benefit of going to the bar. I'm making the assumption that we're talking about using an app rather than trying to collar a member of staff.
Either. App or via staff. It’s been all positive when I’ve been out. Standing at a bar 5/6 deep just doesn’t appeal.

When places use apps or a website to order though, I love it. So much easier to use. Quite a few places have said they’re going to continue doing it so good news

when places don’t use apps etc it can be a bit shite. Waited 20 minutes the other day just to flag someone down to order some food.

Either. App or via staff. It’s been all positive when I’ve been out. Standing at a bar 5/6 deep just doesn’t appeal.
The old brigade will be happy if it goes and they can stand at their spot at the bar all night, if it works why not keep it but cant see it working in Fitzgerald's pre match
I've only been out twice in Sunderland and it worked fine in Fitzies without an app. Not sure what it would be like if it was busy.
Staff in fitzyz are spot on, fuckwit staff in other pubs and table service becomes a pain

Last edited:
I suspect that the big chains will keep table/app ordering as an option now that they have invested in the technology and a lot of customers like it. Seemed strange a few years ago when Wetherspoons first had an app for ordering it but in hindsight it was forward looking.

The old brigade will be happy if it goes and they can stand at their spot at the bar all night, if it works why not keep it but cant see it working in Fitzgerald's pre match

Staff in fitzyz are spot on, fuckwit staff in other pubs and table service becomes a pain
Agreed. When our beer of choice went off, he offered an alternative, explained how it tasted etc. Think even they would struggle on a busy day. That's why I'm a fan of apps (assuming you can choose which ales you want).

Back