Table service…..

I wonder if some places will start charging a small service charge for table service. Personally, I wouldn't mind especially if you are in a large group. Having someone carry a big round to your table would be worth a couple of quid and it it would help pay for more staff.
Aye, wouldn't be a bad shout. For me, I very rarely go into pubs in my own but I do from time to time. When I do, I don't like having to leave my table to get served. And like you say if there's a big group there's the hassle of getting all the drinks to the table. Table service seems like a no brainer tbh. I'd happily pay a bit more for it

Messes up the rounds I've noticed

There's always a gannet in the group who downs his drink and orders the next one because it's just the touch of a button

Personally not that arsed by being allowed / not allowed to drink at the bar, it's the least of me worries

There's always a gannet in the group who downs his drink and orders the next one because it's just the touch of a button

Personally not that arsed by being allowed / not allowed to drink at the bar, it's the least of me worries

Much prefer being at the bar when on my own as you get talking the staff and other punters. Have a table on your own and you feel like a bit of a lemon and there is the risk someone nicks your place when you go to the bar or toilets. Having one person at a table meant for 4 is also an inefficient use of space.

Removes the only reason for doing rounds so no point in doing rounds

Removes the only reason for doing rounds so no point in doing rounds

Tight get klaxon :lol:

I know what you’re saying but when you first walk into a bar / pub with 5 mates, nobody’s got the specific app the place uses to order, nobody’s been before so all have to download it, pick a drink and put card details in for 1 pint each is a faff on and pure antisocial. Not been out with a single mate who hasn’t offered or I’ve offered to get the first one in.

Tight get klaxon :lol:

I know what you’re saying but when you first walk into a bar / pub with 5 mates, nobody’s got the specific app the place uses to order, nobody’s been before so all have to download it, pick a drink and put card details in for 1 pint each is a faff on and pure antisocial. Not been out with a single mate who hasn’t offered or I’ve offered to get the first one in.

Lots of places don't need to download app, it's scan qr code which takes to website.

If only going in to pubs for 1 drink, then move then rounds are still applicable.

If staying for a few, then rounds just become a faff on when people are drinking at different speeds. I'm generally the awkward one who likes to browse the ales & try different stuff, whereas the rest all drink the same cooking lager. So most of them hate ordering my drinks anyway :lol:

Can't stand it but if the pubs have the facility no problem if the pub offers both table and bar service. Annoyingly the Museum Vaults is staying table service only last I heard.

Bar service for those sitting at the bar and table service for this sitting at, well, tables. For places that are set up for it it'd work nicely for the pub, staff and customers. Just a thought, won't happen, but could work well.

Can't see myself stepping foot in a pub or restaurant again tbh, this covid shit is getting worse again and I need to keep breathing for my bairn.
Maybe if I had to I'd dine outside, bit that's about it. Too many unvaccinated knackers tearing the pants out of it for my liking.

Mad that whole world uses it but here. Nah I’d rather fight me way for a pint.

Bar service will still have it's place like,matchday places obviously. Same as places abroad that have mostly table service,you get the odd place that it's bar.

Agreed though, we might start to tip now.

Back