Table service…..

i cant remember the last time I used cash at the bar. easier just to tap my card

Must have been March last year before the first lockdown. Used to go out with £50 and then switch to plastic when it was used up. Now I don't carry cash at all and just have a card holder instead of a wallet. Haven't yet switched to using my phone or watch to pay so I'm not quite down with the kids when it comes to payment methods. My local does take PayPal though.

Don't miss waking up next morning with a pocket full of loose change.

Must have been March last year before the first lockdown. Used to go out with £50 and then switch to plastic when it was used up. Now I don't carry cash at all and just have a card holder instead of a wallet. Haven't yet switched to using my phone or watch to pay so I'm not quite down with the kids when it comes to payment methods. My local does take PayPal though.

Don't miss waking up next morning with a pocket full of loose change.
I love the loose change. If I wake up feeling rough and find like £12 in loose change, it makes me think I can get a takeaway without really spending any more money. Whereas if I'd been using card, I'd probably think I'd spent loads so I'd just cook something

I find that table service is ok if you want to remain in the group you are with. Going up to bar is better if you want to meet other people as standing waiting with other drinkers is a good way to get a bit of chat going. Who hasn't had a chat good chat with a stranger half pissed waiting at the bar.

I find that table service is ok if you want to remain in the group you are with. Going up to bar is better if you want to meet other people as standing waiting with other drinkers is a good way to get a bit of chat going. Who hasn't had a chat good chat with a stranger half pissed waiting at the bar.
It’s also a good way to cracking on with a lass. 😉

Went out on a random beer walk yesterday for the first time in over a year. Most pubs now doing bar service but don't want you lingering there after being served and asking you to sit down at a table. Fair enough I suppose as it gives the staff a little more protection from the great unwashed and reduces the chance of them getting pinged by the tracing app.

Last edited:

Back