T20 International.

Status
Not open for further replies.
well bell smacks johnson off the middle but caught in the covers by smith 27

was going like a shell

49 for 2

cartwright curse again maybe :lol:

Think this early showing by Ian Bell will enable the selectors to see that he is capable of playing one day games. As I've said for years.

The selectors are going to struggle to fit all our in form batsmen into one side. Strauss, Davies, Trott, Pietersen, Collingwood, Morgan, Bell - you can't pick them all unless you are going to try and get 10 overs out of Collingwood which is unlikely. Unless Colly finds some form he could be in trouble, although I suspect Trott could make way for Bell, I think thats the way I'd go anyway.

colly is away with a pull for a 4 down to long leg.

johnson is bowling his usual rubbish and was lucky to get bell

53 for 2

The selectors are going to struggle to fit all our in form batsmen into one side. Strauss, Davies, Trott, Pietersen, Collingwood, Morgan, Bell - you can't pick them all unless you are going to try and get 10 overs out of Collingwood which is unlikely. Unless Colly finds some form he could be in trouble, although I suspect Trott could make way for Bell, I think thats the way I'd go anyway.

Trotts style of:

Block, Block, Block, Block, Block, Single

should ensure he is nowhere near the ODI team.

Have a sneaky feeling Colly will retire after the world cup, so that will clear up a slot for the summer.

Strauss
Bell
Pietersen
Collingwood
Morgan
Davies/Prior - interchangeable WK Batsmen. Would prefer Prior.
Broad
Swann
3 x Bowlers.

Would be my team. Feel free to pick it apart. :lol:

o'keefe is on, inside the power play, little left arm spinner, first ball 4, second ball 6, by pietersen

thats a dropped catch, a dive over for 4 but he gets pietersen 3rd ball, caught at mid off by hussey

shame

63 for 3. kp out for 25

colly and morgan to see us home hear

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

o'keefe is on, inside the power play, little left arm spinner, first ball 4, second ball 6, by pietersen

thats a dropped catch, a dive over for 4 but he gets pietersen 3rd ball, caught at mid off by hussey

shame

63 for 3. kp out for 25

colly and morgan to see us home hear

loud and clear...

Trotts style of:

Block, Block, Block, Block, Block, Single

should ensure he is nowhere near the ODI team.

Have a sneaky feeling Colly will retire after the world cup, so that will clear up a slot for the summer.

Strauss
Bell
Pietersen
Collingwood
Morgan
Davies/Prior - interchangeable WK Batsmen. Would prefer Prior.
Broad
Swann
3 x Bowlers.

Would be my team. Feel free to pick it apart. :lol:

If England have a good world cup I suspect you may be right.

I'd be happy enough with Bell at the top of the order in his current form, although I do like Davies there I think it's best to have someone like him at 6 or 7 rather than Bell as he's more of a hitter. If Collingwood does retire and we are ruling out Trott, who would you fill that gap with?, could even play Prior as a batsman but I'm not keen on him in ODI cricket from what I've seen. Possibly a chance for some like Hildreth or James Taylor to come in and prove themselves.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

Exactly mate, too much of a risk, if batsmen got after him, we'd have to turn to Pietersen and we would have a blatant weak link with our 5th bowling option which teams would target.

If England have a good world cup I suspect you may be right.

I'd be happy enough with Bell at the top of the order in his current form, although I do like Davies there I think it's best to have someone like him at 6 or 7 rather than Bell as he's more of a hitter. If Collingwood does retire and we are ruling out Trott, who would you fill that gap with?, could even play Prior as a batsman but I'm not keen on him in ODI cricket from what I've seen. Possibly a chance for some like Hildreth or James Taylor to come in and prove themselves.

Not sure who I would bring in, hadn't thought that far ahead (and for the reason, I'd never make a good selector!) but they'd have to be genuine English, so no room for Keiswetter. Could even drop everyone down a place and attempt to make Cook our "stayer" as others have the freedom to hit. Or bring back fatty Key.

Not sure who I would bring in, hadn't thought that far ahead (and for the reason, I'd never make a good selector!) but they'd have to be genuine English, so no room for Keiswetter. Could even drop everyone down a place and attempt to make Cook our "stayer" as others have the freedom to hit. Or bring back fatty Key.

Wouldn't bring back fatty Key in a million years mate.

I suspect Kieswetter will be in the minds of the selectors but after a bad summer he will be well behind Prior and Davies, and the only thing with Cook is that neither him or Strauss are big hitters so we could get bogged down a bit at the top of the order. I'd probably look into county cricket at someone like Hildreth or Buttler, maybe even try and blood someone like Stokes.

Wouldn't bring back fatty Key in a million years mate.

I suspect Kieswetter will be in the minds of the selectors but after a bad summer he will be well behind Prior and Davies, and the only thing with Cook is that neither him or Strauss are big hitters so we could get bogged down a bit at the top of the order. I'd probably look into county cricket at someone like Hildreth or Buttler, maybe even try and blood someone like Stokes.

Not a 6 hitter, but perfectly capable of scoring at a run a ball or more. Especially when the field is up, not a bad thing.

Not a 6 hitter, but perfectly capable of scoring at a run a ball or more. Especially when the field is up, not a bad thing.

I do think Strauss has improved a lot in ODI cricket, but him and Cook would be too similar at the top of the order. Bell isn't a massive hitter but at least you have some variety with a right hand/left hand combination. Davies could be worth sticking with up there purely because he'll score quickly

103 for 4

are you one aleem dar for that 12p

should be a cruise to 120 at least

was that not going down legside?

another failure for luke wright

how much longer do we give this lad?

104 for 5

:evil::evil:

wright gone again for 0

:evil::evil:

:evil::evil::evil:said it before but this lad is overated but he should not be in the team

his stats show this, his performances on the field show this, yet he continually fails but is always selected

109 for 5

49 to win

morgan top score so far not out 27:-D:-D

bit harsh to have a pop at Wright

how much cricket has he played in the winter

then jetted out to Aus to face 95mph merchants

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back