Swimming

I just swim but mix it up between a fast length and easy. I just mix them up random though to be honest nothing set in stone. Swim twice a week.

Doing more high intensity lengths should help. Maybe do one session a week shorter and do a few lengths close to flat out, rest and repeat. Doing some weight training would increase your power as well.

My swimming is coming on canny. 3/4 times a week. Getting stronger and quicker.
I haven't been for bout 2 month mate , been concentrating too much on starting to run again . At some point I'll have to decide if want to mix running with swimming and get back in the pool as was doing canny, even if it's just once a week .
How far you managing when in ?

I haven't been for bout 2 month mate , been concentrating too much on starting to run again . At some point I'll have to decide if want to mix running with swimming and get back in the pool as was doing canny, even if it's just once a week .
How far you managing when in ?
I look at swimming as a recovery from running. Just over 1km I imagine with the club. About the same when I go myself.

I just swim but mix it up between a fast length and easy. I just mix them up random though to be honest nothing set in stone. Swim twice a week.

Check out some technique video's, this one's canny to spot some basic mistakes.

Also speedo international on youtube takes you through the fundamentals of breathing and stroke technique.

If you're doing stuff wrong now take a few weeks to practice getting your technique better, nice and slow don't time yourself for a bit or try and count lengths, if you can count lengths you're not concentrating hard enough :D I was swimming with my head too high and a bit too flat, I knocked 20 seconds off my 400m times in weeks. The best thing to do is join a club, sun city triathlon was great for me, they grouped similar standards together and you push yourself much more when you're up against others. Plus it's more interesting than plodding up and down on your Todd though you may get into it too much and end up spending a bastard fortune on bikes and wetsuits and shit ;)

No one at the moment, I temporarily ceased when the second kid came along while I was building a house extension (6 years ago) when I didn't have time for a shite never mind training. I've just started again and will probably pop along to sun city again when I get fitter, asthmatic pit ponies are fitter than me at the minute be fucked....

Just noticed I said 20 seconds off 400m, I meant off 100m. Got it down from just under 2 to around the 1:40 mark. I'm back up to 1:55/2:00 100's due to being fat and unfit. Bastard squads. Oh If you have the chance to enter a swimming comp don't do the 100m sprint, it's hideous. back when I could plod 1:40's I entered the fire brigade national swimming championships. I thought I could blast out 4 lengths full tilt with no sprint training as I was pretty fit back then, pfffft. I pretty much kept up with the proper lads until just before the last turn when I hit the wall, I thought it was fiction, It's not. It was like being hit ower the heed with a cricket bat. I basically doggy paddled the last length and staggered out of the pool like I had advanced Parkinson's disease to pitying applause from the spectators.. I still finished in the low 1:20's. Fuck knows how.

Last edited:
I usually stand in the shallow end with a puffed out chest playing with a beach ball with very little effort just moving my body into shapes that attract women, then I'll accidentally have the water pull my shorts very low to show off my manscaping, maybe do a little facey b post

Got the speedos out for a swimming comeback tomorrow morning , ladies water aerobics on in the shallow end :D
That for some reason reminds me of my mate wanking and cumming in DW fitness jacuzzi when womens aerobics was on :lol:

Back