Swimming

Really enjoying it, going between 2-4 times a week depending on work and averaging about 1800 metres a time.

Think I did 77 miles last year which is alright. Pick up colds though so there was a dip in 3 or 4 months.

Aquatic is shut allweekend if anyone was going, galas on (next weekend also)... just put the speedos away and blowin the bike tyres up now instead :lol:

I've been going lane swimming 2/3 times a week for the past few months. I've just been swimming lengths, alternating strokes, until I'm knackered, resting, then repeating for 50mins to an hour.
Any advice on making it more structured? One of the pools I go to has these SwimFit cards I thought I could try. I'm also considering getting a tracker so I know how far I've swam and measure my SWOLF score??

I've been going lane swimming 2/3 times a week for the past few months. I've just been swimming lengths, alternating strokes, until I'm knackered, resting, then repeating for 50mins to an hour.
Any advice on making it more structured? One of the pools I go to has these SwimFit cards I thought I could try. I'm also considering getting a tracker so I know how far I've swam and measure my SWOLF score??
Get a pull bouy. It will help improve your stroke and upper body strength. I wouldn't use it for the full session though as you'll become reliant on it. I've been this morning and done 400m pull bouy 600m crawl without and repeated that 4 times.

Get a pull bouy. It will help improve your stroke and upper body strength. I wouldn't use it for the full session though as you'll become reliant on it. I've been this morning and done 400m pull bouy 600m crawl without and repeated that 4 times.
Cheers, I definitely need to improve my front crawl technique and endurance. But funnily enough I know I need to use my legs more!
You did 4k? Impressive. Do you use a tracker or just count in your head? I always lose count later in the session as I'm too busy concentrating on not dying :lol:

Cheers, I definitely need to improve my front crawl technique and endurance. But funnily enough I know I need to use my legs more!
You did 4k? Impressive. Do you use a tracker or just count in your head? I always lose count later in the session as I'm too busy concentrating on not dying :lol:
Sorry, meant repeat 2 times :oops:. I'd be dead doing 4k. I just count in my head, but break it down so I don't lose count. It might sound daft, but after using the pull bouy, you will kick more when swimming without it.

Sorry, meant repeat 2 times :oops:. I'd be dead doing 4k. I just count in my head, but break it down so I don't lose count. It might sound daft, but after using the pull bouy, you will kick more when swimming without it.
Great, I'll give it a go.

45mins constant swimming in pool yesterday, mind numbingly boring although id feel pretty tired later in day so was a good workout

Anyone do much swimming in the sea ?
I got caught out on holiday with currents and got into a bit trouble was exhausted after 2 hours
laugh now but was shitting my self
I can regularly swim 1k daily in a pool no bother but sea swim is a different ball game

Anyone do much swimming in the sea ?
I got caught out on holiday with currents and got into a bit trouble was exhausted after 2 hours
laugh now but was shitting my self
I can regularly swim 1k daily in a pool no bother but sea swim is a different ball game
Aye. Always tend to stay close to the shore

read an article that suggests swimmers are more hungry than an other athletes, something to do with body temperature going back to normal almost the instant you finish the swim

Back