Swimming

This probably sounds like a thick as fuck question, but swimming constantly can get you really fit? Or do you have to combine it with running?

Only a young lad but few problems with me legs which will cause problems when I am older, told not to overdue running (I'm shit anyway).
I run and swim and in the summer do a bit of cycling. About 10 year ago I was 14 stone and I'm 5'9", I managed to shift 2 stone swiming three times a week and cutting out shite. If you struggle with running why not try swimming and spinning? If I have an injury that prevents me from running I replace it with spinning.

went to aquatic last night and did 60mins.. shites et up in there now mind if you want to swim properly, but if not in a club theres no real alternative

How? when I've been I've had no problem. what time did you go?
tues night bout half5.. was meant to be 6 lanes but only had 4 open and was too busy, may have just been a one off mind as ive only ben couple of times in past 6 months, just get impression it caters lot more for the swimming clubs and for swimming lessons where they can make more £££. Went again last night and did 60mins again , few fast lads in there then mind :eek:... dunno when get chance to go next though, may go sunday unless i'm told I can do a light run. You training in there tonight with the Tri club ?

I went to the aquatic yesterday morning and it was dead, full 50m lane to myself. I wish I could at that time every week.

Haven't swam properly for over 10 years so my aim is to build up to 1500m non stop freestyle. Got the SwimIO app to log my distances and they have a training plan on there for 1500m. Two swims in and I'm enjoying the challenge.

Done 1500m this morning. I've been swimming regularly for 10 years now and decided to buy a pull bouy. I used it for the first time this morning and now wish I'd got one ages ago. It felt a lot faster and I feel like I had a much better work out.

My uncles card
Aquatic shut so went Raich carter this morning , waste time as within 10mins was full of families and oldie goldies. Foot no better mate so have feeling gonna be trying to get inthe pool 2/3 times a week for next month or 2...

Back