Sweden

If we’re talking about Sweden...

Cases per 100k over last 7 days

UK - 182
Sweden - 341

It’s about to go massively tits up over there.

If we’re talking about Sweden...

Cases per 100k over last 7 days

UK - 182
Sweden - 341

It’s about to go massively tits up over there.

It won't, I can assure you of that. Concentrate on fatalities not cases or even hospital admissions, totally disregard cases in an endemic situation ;)

It won't, I can assure you of that. Concentrate on fatalities not cases or even hospital admissions, totally disregard cases in an endemic situation ;)

Hospital admissions are a really important metric though. Fatalities don’t tell the full story of burden on the healthcare system, whereas admissions are much better for doing that.

Hospital admissions are a really important metric though. Fatalities don’t tell the full story of burden on the healthcare system, whereas admissions are much better for doing that.
On the other side of the coin it's worth bearing in mind that the cost of the apparent over-reaction is and was astronomical;

A feminist perspective;

On the other side of the coin it's worth bearing in mind that the cost of the apparent over-reaction is and was astronomical;

That’s really not an astronomical cost and nothing like what the cost would have been if we had the admissions to require those places but not the places to admit people to.

Building those centres was the right thing to do.

As an emergency contingency plan aye I'd agree, but £1m per patient is canny astronomical in anyones book;

That’s a hugely sensationalised headline and you know it. You spend enough time reading right wing shit like Breitbart and InfoWars and the Telegraph probably sounds reasonable.

That’s really not an astronomical cost and nothing like what the cost would have been if we had the admissions to require those places but not the places to admit people to.

Building those centres was the right thing to do.
They were always an insurance policy, and you don’t pay for insurance because something is going to happen, only that it might...

Fake news etc etc, but here we have a city with the population of Sheffield that has had to convert (and is using) a convention centre into a hospital.

Unfortunately we don’t have have hard labour as a punishment anymore.

Last edited:
That’s a hugely sensationalised headline and you know it. You spend enough time reading right wing shit like Breitbart and InfoWars and the Telegraph probably sounds reasonable.
It's pretty mainstream news like, I've never been against building them as a contingency and of course I'm glad they haven't needed to be utilised;

It's pretty mainstream news like, I've never been against building them as a contingency and of course I'm glad they haven't needed to be utilised;

So you’re not against them, happy they’ve been built but keep posting article after article about what a waste of money they are. Okay.
Apologies, first link should be...

That is awful to read

Last edited:

It would be interesting to see which papers/editors who highlighted the cost of these hospitals (that would have saved lives if needed) also ran stories about PPE that was either ineffective or non existent.

I’m not challenging/asking you to answer, just thinking out loud if you will.

Keep watching the key figures. e. g. Excess deaths for this period. If it goes the way I anticipate then all well and good. If it doesn't then we have far bigger problems than any virus.

So you’re not against them, happy they’ve been built but keep posting article after article about what a waste of money they are. Okay.
Simply countering your point that the cost 'wasn't astronomical'
It would be interesting to see which papers/editors who highlighted the cost of these hospitals (that would have saved lives if needed) also ran stories about PPE that was either ineffective or non existent.

I’m not challenging/asking you to answer, just thinking out loud if you will.
I agree marra

Keep watching the key figures. e. g. Excess deaths for this period. If it goes the way I anticipate then all well and good. If it doesn't then we have far bigger problems than any virus.
Ok.

However my earlier point re Sweden wasn’t just the case numbers. The FT article was about discord between the public, the medical experts and the Government.

Back