Swearing in public

• Thread starter Deleted member 23273
  • Start date
Hate it.

My missus curses all the time. I’m forever telling her off for saying feck and for fecks sake in front of the bairns, she’s Irish and yes lives up to the stereotype.

My dad who’s also from Irish parents effed and Jeffed like hell growing up. I was 20 before I heard my mother swear and that was because she dropped the turkey on Christmas Day taking it out the oven and the dog pounced on it (genuine story) :lol:

My first wife once burned her hand on the oven and regaled her young nephews with the magnificent AH YA f***ing COCKSUCKER!!

There are a couple of options, but a word of warning - the Smeg isn't self cleaning
I don't know why but that reminded me of a lad I knew when I worked down Winslow. He once dryly told me that the best wank he'd ever had was using a vacuum cleaner. He said it was great but with one problem. His mother didn't half complain when the dust stuck in the hose. I think he was serious as well.:lol:

When I’m at the pub with my mates I probably swear too much to be honest can’t help it, we all do. Try not to at home but can’t say I never have in front of the kids, sometimes things slip out. However both my kids know what “naughty”words are and actually tell me off if I do.

I think we should start a swear box on this board. 50p a go. Set up a swear box account in Roger's name and whenever anyone drops the C or the F word, they paypal or similar to the account. Money goes to a nominated charity which changes monthly. We'd earn a f***ing fortune

Swearing should be reserved for particular emphasis of anger, passion or humour etc and should only be audible to those in the very immediate vicinity to whom we are conversing (tacit permission having been granted for that form of expression) or on this message board in printed form.

Swearing of any other nature in public is an indication of low intelligence, limited vocabulary and complete disregard for common courtesy, social standards and self respect.

Anybody who thinks otherwise is a f***ing twat.

I try not to swear but I think it's acceptable when it's banter etc.
What boils my piss is bad manners at the dinner table, I f***ing hate it.
Animals using a knife and fork incorrectly drives me mad, f***ing scum.

Back