Swearing in public

• Thread starter Deleted member 23273
  • Start date

Love a good swear but always aware of my surroundings
Wasn't happy being told to stop by a bar owner on a match day at 7PM because kids could hear mind you .

Was in a pub once when a bloke at the pub table held up the black plastic triangle that you place the balls into, it was broken on one side. I quote, “Which f***ing f***er, f****d the f***ing f***er

Never swore a single time in front of my kids until last week when my lad now almost 40 yr old nearly piled the car up with me sitting in the passenger seat.

They're just words

Hmmm. Words are the form of communication that has enabled the development of humans and created the circumstances where intelligence could be more effective developed en masse. The presentation of what is effectively sounds that have meanings, expressing concepts, values, beliefs and ideas in the form of writing has enabled the species to create huge civilisations lasting millennia.

One of the major philosophical and religious systems that have ever existed presented its most important figure as ‘the word made flesh’

Words have inspired great works of art and in some instances ARE great works of art. They are profound. The concept of something BEING profound may only be expressed in the form of... words.

Words have started wars. Words have ended wars.

Social norms, connections between individuals and groups, standards of behaviour, traditions, thoughts, regulation, law, codes of conduct, .... all of them. Only words

You are only able to say that swearing is irrelevant and is only words because you are using words to express these ideas and concepts

Words are important.

You stupid f***ing spunk-trumpet.

I use bad language, very bad language. But only in confines of company I keep and knowing their tolerance levels.If I know people in company dont like swearing I will refrain
Mrs is probably worse than me for swearing, but likewise know there's a time and a place

Was cracking on to a lass at the Christmas party, I could tell she wasn't listening then she leaned over and said
"I want you to fuck me stupid "
well nobody calls me stupid so I walked away, cheeky cow.

Hate it.

My missus curses all the time. I’m forever telling her off for saying feck and for fecks sake in front of the bairns, she’s Irish and yes lives up to the stereotype.

My dad who’s also from Irish parents effed and Jeffed like hell growing up. I was 20 before I heard my mother swear and that was because she dropped the turkey on Christmas Day taking it out the oven and the dog pounced on it (genuine story) :lol:
I only heard my mam swear once when I was little, when I accidentally kicked the hoover down the stairs and hit her in the head with it.

Love swearing me though, it’s f***ing class.

Back