Sunderland vs Wycombe Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most Iv enjoyed a game since the Everton 3-0. 2 brilliantly worked goals, a fantastic free kick and outstanding work rate for the third. Really starting to see an identity to the team, still a long way to go but the team has set the standards now.

I didn’t want him out, but couldn’t see any option given that horrible run of form. Fair play to the lad he’s turned it round. Haven’t changed my view on stewie like, he needs gone to allow somebody in that can move us forwards.

Aidan Mcgeady leaves and we start improving.

Interesting.
Parkinson has turned it around and I did not believe he could do it. Credit where credit is due, well done Phil keep up up the good work.

Getting rid of Mcgeady for starters seems to have started the transformation.
Agree, don't know what's happened, but whatever it is, it's working. Never thought I'd say this, but, haway parky!!!!!
Mcgeady gone?

Get rid of one disruptive influence and it's amazing how the atmosphere and team spirit can change.

There's still work to be done though.

Last edited:
If we keep this up I’ll happily eat humble pie.

I won’t apologise for wanting rid because based on what was in front of me at the time. Time will tell but fingers crossed we turn this around now.

In other news, does anyone know why Akinfenwa didn't start for them? They were much improved when he came on.

So do we all like Parkinson now? 😂

Jokes aside he's done very well considering the pressure he's had from the start. Dare we dream of promotion yet?

I can't get over just how terrible Wycombe were. We've improved massively in the last few weeks, but, that massively that we can make the division leaders look like a bunch of council pitch cloggers?

We played them off the park. Its so nice to see us play at a quicker tempo in the final third with one touch passes and movement off the ball. We've seen it over the last few games and the opposition are struggling to contain it.

I can't get over just how terrible Wycombe were. We've improved massively in the last few weeks, but, that massively that we can make the division leaders look like a bunch of council pitch cloggers?
That’s what’s added to fans frustrations, this league is utter dross all you need to be is fit have a plan and put a shift in and you’re in with a shout of top two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back