Sunderland vs Wycombe Match Thread

Last edited:

How is this the same team I watched Vs Bolton

sometimes it just takes time. i've come into jobs when i've had to re-evaluate what the core team are about, direction and get everyone on the same page. doesn't happen overnight. fair play to PP though. he's had an avalanche of shit but got his head down and delivered. Team look motivated, fitter, hard working, happy and ambitious. As an SAFC fan i can't ask more.

Just a little thing that stuck with me from today, when we scored the 2nd the whole team rushed to celebrate with each other....really showed the togetherness in the team atm imo...was really nice to see
Agreed
That's been very evident, especially in the last few weeks.
I mentioned it to my mates, today, about the togetherness, within the team.

A group united is better than a group divided....not sure if that's a famous quote or not haha....if not (copyright!)
Everything seems to be coming together nicely.
The fitness has improved, and the football is far better than it was, just a few short weeks ago.
The team looks much stronger, fitter, and more confident, of late.

The fitness has improved, and the football is far better than it was, just a few short weeks ago.

We've had a bad habit of getting out-battled too often since the Moyes season...but especially in this league.

Maybe they're learning they need to be fit enough/strong enough to earn the right to play.

At this level, fitness can be a massive influence, you can be talented but if you conk out after 65mins you'll get picked off easy....massive difference playing long ball football with an actual CF like Wyke rather than a smaller player like Grigg....plus Gooch's energy and effort has eclipsed Mcgeadys talent and laziness

Back