Sunderland vs Wycombe Match Thread

He came on for their right-back. I think they originally set up to frustrate us and after the third goal decided they needed a more attacking approach.
It was a misjudgment because, as we've found out many times, the ball just comes back unless you have someone up front who can retain it.

Thoroughly enjoyable that. Attacking from the off, not letting up, high press. Rewarded with goals and the support getting behind them.

Decent to watch also as we are using the wings rather than just lumping it. Credit where it's due.

Parkinson over the last few games has figured out what we want to see and how to make it effective. If he keeps this up over a sustained period, he will make the likes of me look daft.

Does this mean thst he probably isn't actually the worst manager in the history of football then? He came into a massive shit storm on and off the pitch and its taken a while to sort out that's all. Like I said after the Blackpool game the sense of togetherness amongst the players was really palpable, I don't think folk should underestimate the lift the place and players must have got ftom Mcgeady being dealt with.

The other thing that is very noticeable is the fitness of the players, Ross was a soft touch by the looks of things.

Onwards and upwards hopefully..

Does this mean thst he probably isn't actually the worst manager in the history of football then? He came into a massive shit storm on and off the pitch and its taken a while to sort out that's all. Like I said after the Blackpool game the sense of togetherness amongst the players was really palpable, I don't think folk should underestimate the lift the place and players must have got ftom Mcgeady being dealt with.

The other thing that is very noticeable is the fitness of the players, Ross was a soft touch by the looks of things.

Onwards and upwards hopefully..

I'm not going to get carried away but I'm pleasantly surprised by the last two results and particularly the performance today.

Not what I was expecting at all. I've been wrong before, let's hope I am again and he can carry this on until May.

I'm not going to get carried away but I'm pleasantly surprised by the last two results and particularly the performance today.

Not what I was expecting at all. I've been wrong before, let's hope I am again and he can carry this on until May.

Even though the performances weren't great against Blackpool and Bolton, the latter being particularly frustrating but there was something different about the togetherness if the team. I believe that we controlled each of the last 6 games and were it not for two absolutely shocking refereeing decisions it would have been 5 wins not 3. Things appear to be moving firmly in the right direction so it would be good if we could bring another 2 or 3 players fit for the first 11 in and in addition to Lafferty, over to Donald....

We all know this league is garbage and I personally felt Ross was making very hard work of it, every game was groundhog day, with zero sign of making progress. It seems to me that the players were coasting under him. Every new manager should get a fair crack of the whip though, Ross definitely had enough time and opportunity.

Even though the performances weren't great against Blackpool and Bolton, the latter being particularly frustrating but there was something different about the togetherness if the team. I believe that we controlled each of the last 6 games and were it not for two absolutely shocking refereeing decisions it would have been 5 wins not 3. Things appear to be moving firmly in the right direction so it would be good if we could bring another 2 or 3 players fit for the first 11 in and in addition to Lafferty, over to Donald....

We all know this league is garbage and I personally felt Ross was making very hard work of it, every game was groundhog day, with zero sign of making progress. It seems to me that the players were coasting under him. Every new manager should get a fair crack of the whip though, Ross definitely had enough time and opportunity.

Can't argue with that. I think my negativity toward PP makes people think I believe Ross deserved to keep his job. I'd given up on him by the end too.

The change he needed to make was clear as day, go out and focus on attack. That is where we are superior, even if you lose the odd game people will accept it.

Don't know why it's taken this long for someone to recognize it, took PP being on the Brink for him to take the shackles off too but credit to him for that.

Definitely, just seeing the work rate to reach 50/50s and close down in their box compared to not just recently under PP but also under Ross was startling.

For me it's the performances that are most pleasing, playing well with confidence will mean we can ride out the odd bad result, something that was difficult previously because the poor performances made every problem magnified.

Long way to go yet, but the shape, work rate and commitment has been great to see.

We played some great stuff at times today, and Wycombe can have no complaints, about the scoreline.
Another high energy, high tempo, first half masterclass.
We fully deserved the win, today.
Ha'way the Lads !

Definitely, just seeing the work rate to reach 50/50s and close down in their box compared to not just recently under PP but also under Ross was startling.

For me it's the performances that are most pleasing, playing well with confidence will mean we can ride out the odd bad result, something that was difficult previously because the poor performances made every problem magnified.

Long way to go yet, but the shape, work rate and commitment has been great to see.

Yep. Maguire pressing high up the pitch in injury time, Wyke tracking back to his own box at 80+ mins. Can't fault the effort and this was much more convincing than last week.

Back