Sunderland railway station.

This is essentially going to be a metro stop
The main train station building will be at the top end in the old Littlewoods building

Is that the squad that doss on the corner near joplings? Awful them
Possibly, but i tend to see them on the seats outside of cex/pound shop.

The photos on that thread man - I don’t think anything has boiled my p*ss as much as the state of that so-called train station over the last 20 years, beyond disgraceful and embarrassing

Twist & 21
Agreed. Constantly had water pouring out of the ceiling with buckets scattered about. There was always a gathering of smackheads around the entrance next to BK. Really inviting and welcoming for traveling folk. Glad they're sorting it.

Agreed. Constantly had water pouring out of the ceiling with buckets scattered about. There was always a gathering of smackheads around the entrance next to BK. Really inviting and welcoming for traveling folk. Glad they're sorting it.

Rebuilding the station won't get rid of the smackheads, just give them a nicer place to hang out.

God help the infirm and people with prams etc if the escalator breaks down. The last one after regular problems was finally knackered for 18 month a fact.I’d heard some excuses in my time but the counci, Northern and Nexus all passed the buck to each other, the council done fuck all to influence and chase those two up to fix it.When it rained one side of the steps we’re closed off so you had passengers coming and going on one side.We deserve a lot more than what we’ve had for n the past.As many have said it seems to be the only city main line station accessed by a back lane.

Can anyone remember when the station was done up last and the Queen opened it? There was indoor plants and trees along the platforms that day and literally a day later they were gone 😂

Can anyone remember when the station was done up last and the Queen opened it? There was indoor plants and trees along the platforms that day and literally a day later they were gone 😂
Typical over the top shit, it would’ be nice if she insisted the council leave them there

God help the infirm and people with prams etc if the escalator breaks down. The last one after regular problems was finally knackered for 18 month a fact.I’d heard some excuses in my time but the counci, Northern and Nexus all passed the buck to each other, the council done fuck all to influence and chase those two up to fix it.When it rained one side of the steps we’re closed off so you had passengers coming and going on one side.We deserve a lot more than what we’ve had for n the past.As many have said it seems to be the only city main line station accessed by a back lane.
It's also accessed from a main road. That "back lane" was previously full of shops. Your point being?

Back