Sunderland Lass favourite to win Mercury Music Prize

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wow! Never knew that.
so basically the knacker who ghost wrote her biog just looked it up on wiki and picked the wrong one?? :lol:

I read a Stuart Maconie book a few years ago where he described a "train" journey he made from Newcastle to Jarrow/Hebburn. You could tell from the way he described the journey that he'd either (a) never done it and was making it up, or (b) was extremely pissed and had forgotten the directions he'd taken.

I read a Stuart Maconie book a few years ago where he described a "train" journey he made from Newcastle to Jarrow/Hebburn. You could tell from the way he described the journey that he'd either (a) never done it and was making it up, or (b) was extremely pissed and had forgotten the directions he'd taken.
It's not like Stuart Maconie to get something absolutely completely wrong

Whitburn is Sunderland, County Durham. Me dad lived in Roker and went to Whitburn School. So there. Away with this metropolitan borough naming nonsense.

Whitburn & Cleadon were gonna be in Sunderland under local government reorganisation back in the late 60's/early 70's, but this would have left South Tyneside without the required number of population to call itself a MBC. This led to concerns about Sunderland would be very Labour dominated so they kicked Seaham/Peterlee out and picked up Houghton & Washington instead (also the reason why the postcodes are all bolloxed up).

South Tyneside innit.

Hope she wins

In administrative terms, yes.

In reality however, it’s Sunderland for all intents and purposes.

Whitburn & Cleadon were gonna be in Sunderland under local government reorganisation back in the late 60's/early 70's, but this would have left South Tyneside without the required number of population to call itself a MBC. This led to concerns about Sunderland would be very Labour dominated so they kicked Seaham/Peterlee out and picked up Houghton & Washington instead (also the reason why the postcodes are all bolloxed up).

My dad’s late cousin said the people of Seaham fought going into Sunderland. He tried to organise a campaign against Washington going in but said nobody gave a fuck comparatively.

He used to DJ on nights I put on and he's got no interest in football as far as I know. Haven't spoken to him for years, mind.
His interest in football is very limited like. But back in the day I would play on Champ Man with him and he would always be Newcastle. And he had a newcastle shirt. This was when we were about 15. So 1997ish

I saw her a few years ago at the Cluny supporting Ghostpoet and I was pretty unimpressed. However, she comes across really well in that interview and her performance last night at the Mercury Awards was tremendous. I do believe Lucas Renney from the Golden Virgins is sometimes her guitarist and she's done Golden Virgin covers in her sets before. Despite the fact that she's a private school girl I think she's alright.
Lucas is a topper. He was terrified of me for years. :lol:

In administrative terms, yes.

In reality however, it’s Sunderland for all intents and purposes.

My dad’s late cousin said the people of Seaham fought going into Sunderland. He tried to organise a campaign against Washington going in but said nobody gave a fuck comparatively.
Seaham deserves independence and should be a republic.

Hang on, are you a Sunderland supporter? If so, why on earth are you making comments like that you utter clown. I politely suggest you go and glory support Shields.
The bloke is slagging off where other Sunderland supporters come from. You don't have a right to tell me who to support so up yours!

You’re a Sunderland fan referring to Sunderland as shitsville. Have a word with yourself.
No I didnt, I retaliated to his, as usual, disparaging remarks about South Tyneside and I meant the specific place he lives in comparison, not all of Sunderland. You can't have it both ways that it's all right to slag off where other Sunderland supporters come from, unless it's in Sunderland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back