Sunderland Lass favourite to win Mercury Music Prize

No surprise that Wolf Alice won. Nadine Shah has 300k+ on her best YouTube video while WA has 3.9 million.

NS has one commercially viable track in Fool, the rest are in the Echo/Nick Cave category.

NS comes across canny in interviews and as a proud South Shields lass deserves our support but a lot of people stand to fill their boots with this winner.

No surprise that Wolf Alice won. Nadine Shah has 300k+ on her best YouTube video while WA has 3.9 million.

NS has one commercially viable track in Fool, the rest are in the Echo/Nick Cave category.

NS comes across canny in interviews and as a proud South Shields lass deserves our support but a lot of people stand to fill their boots with this winner.
Just cos it's commercial doesn't mean it's the best album.

Canny article in the Guardian a few days ago;

Nadine Shah: ‘My personal life was so awful I wanted to escape’

The old fella at the end of the bar in the Jolly Sailor is ex Sunderland director Ted Evans.
I saw her a few years ago at the Cluny supporting Ghostpoet and I was pretty unimpressed. However, she comes across really well in that interview and her performance last night at the Mercury Awards was tremendous. I do believe Lucas Renney from the Golden Virgins is sometimes her guitarist and she's done Golden Virgin covers in her sets before. Despite the fact that she's a private school girl I think she's alright.

Back