"Sunderland is not an attractive job due to their policies and strategies"

It looked pretty clear to me that they see Mundle as Clarkes replacement. I agree that he's nowhere near Jack's standard and may never be.

A lack of rotation when bringing these lads in means that when we sell a player like Clarke, it's basically a full reset on that position and we go back to square one. The replacements are lacking in experience and end product. Add to that a reluctance in recruiting older players and it becomes really hard to understand how we progress as a club.

It does really make you wonder if the plan is to just be a steady mid table championship side, rather than having aspirations of promotion.

It’s not an attractive job. Can’t bring your own staff, can’t want your own players. Speak out of Sacks managers like there’s no tomorrow. No ambotious/ established manager will come anywhere near us. Under a different model we would be a massive draw but until things change we will continue to do fuck all

It looked pretty clear to me that they see Mundle as Clarkes replacement. I agree that he's nowhere near Jack's standard and may never be.

A lack of rotation when bringing these lads in means that when we sell a player like Clarke, it's basically a full reset on that position and we go back to square one. The replacements are lacking in experience and end product. Add to that a reluctance in recruiting older players and it becomes really hard to understand how we progress as a club.

It does really make you wonder if the plan is to just be a steady mid table championship side, rather than having aspirations of promotion.
Mid table will be the target next season but think we will be involved around the bottom 6

Don Goodman make have been OKish for us in ancient history.

More recently, he has never had a good or impartial word to say about the club.

No idea what happened to make him so bitter.

Not inclined to believe a word he says. File in the now-disused outdoor shithouse besides Chris Sutton and that arsehole Hinchcliffe.

Don Goodman make have been OKish for us in ancient history.

More recently, he has never had a good or impartial word to say about the club.

No idea what happened to make him so bitter.

Not inclined to believe a word he says. File in the now-disused outdoor shithouse besides Chris Sutton and that arsehole Hinchcliffe.
What has he said that’s so bad or many aren’t saying amongst fan base
He was very complimentary when Mowbray was in charge he’s criticised afterwards which I think most would agree with, it’s not anti club it’s just reality what he’s saying
The truth hurts

Rusyn, Mundle and Watson. I don't mind trying to develop these lads when Clarke goes but we have to buy a quality CDM and striker to balance the side. No t sure that's going to happen though.
You are talking about development. Trouble is that takes a long time, it may not work out. These are in the first team now, madness anf thry will be expected to be somewhwere nesr nect season. As a i have always said, this is never going to work, it is already a pigs ear, they who appear to have little knowledge seem determined to make it work. Younds in this failure will also fail and that is another. Reason for pessism. All these names bandied about willl not work here, most especially Roy Kean.

We're downgrading in every position. Since ballard signed who can you say has improved us? What has constantly been a problem under this ownership up front has spread to defensive midfield and is now progressing throughout the squad.
This, the only way you progress is by replacing your players with better ones.
We do it the opposite way round.😂

Don Goodman..and he is spot on imo. He also says "i hear that when Jack Clarke goes, Sunderland believe his replacement is already at the club and they will be developing somebody" Nobody who we have brought in, is anywhere near as Clarke's replacement. If Goodman has been told the club believe we have his replacement already, then we are fucked. Also, he is correct about the calibre of Head Coach we may be able to attract under the set up.
Old news. Are people just starting to realise?

I don't think thats true. The evidence until last summer was signing players with potential and obvious upside.

The summer we signed Cirkin, Huggins as well as the experience of Evans and Pritchard followed by the winter and getting Roberts and Bath(I know that's spelled wrong but I never remember which letter is doubled)

The next summer we signed Clark permanently as well as Ballard, Alessr and Simms on loan. All with obvious reasons and even last winter we were crying out for a striker and didn't get one but the signing of Ekwah still made sense.

It was only last summer that things went to pot. And that's because we were desperate. Even last summer Jobe and Seelt were good signings. But because we failed in January to sign a striker we were desperate in the summer to get loads of them.

And now people have lost faith. Me included.

I don't think it's been scattergun in the summer windows. But I do think last year's summer window was a failure. And the winter before it.

I no longer trust they'll use money well. Of course they might surprise me
It was January 2023 it went tits up. We've hardly made a good signing since the summer of 2022. That's three transfer windows.

A "manager" would be sacked because of that.

If Hjelde is Ballard’s replacement then we should start looking at trains to Burton and Lincoln for the season after next

I think it's more a case of lining up the back up once Seelt steps in, I cannot see them simply spending big now as we've (or rather will) sold big. the only way they'll do it is if they panic.

It was January 2023 it went tits up. We've hardly made a good signing since the summer of 2022. That's three transfer windows.

A "manager" would be sacked because of that.

The issue with January 23 was we didn't sign a striker. If we had then the other 3 signings, 2 were decent signings. At the end of the season most would have expected ekwah to be a success this year and gelhardt was decent just not a main striker

And it's way too early to make that declaration about January 24

I don't think he is right and I consider myself sensible. I think Speakmsn has not allowed for injuries to our more experienced players and we need a more experienced spine. However, I remember Clarke and Stewart when they first arrived and I think that a lot of people will be surprised by how much better a lot of our signings are next season. If we get a good CDM and decent striker in we will be good to go.

Of course this post could be bumped in October with us in the bottom three but I can't see it
Well you agree with the second of my scenarios then.

Well you agree with the second of my scenarios then.
Not really I don't think it will be God help us. In fact in two seasons we will be in the play offs and up in three seasons.

I've suppored Sunderland long enough to know no road is ever smooth.

Also since 1964 when I started watching games we have never been more than a yoyo club. Even counting Reidy's two 7th places.

Not really I don't think it will be God help us. In fact in two seasons we will be in the play offs and up in three seasons.

I've suppored Sunderland long enough to know no road is ever smooth.

Also since 1964 when I started watching games we have never been more than a yoyo club. Even counting Reidy's two 7th places.
1958 for me,what i said in 2nd scenario is he admits they have gone way to far with the model and revert at least partly in buying experience.

Back