"Sunderland is not an attractive job due to their policies and strategies"

Mundle and Rusyn seem the obvious choices though neither are anywhere near Clarke as far as we've seen.

This is how our model works though.

The problem is theyre both probably a few years away from giving us anywhere near as much.

Like every part of our model, it all relies on waiting five year, but by then we'll have sold a large chunk if the successful players so we'll still be waiting

I think looking at Moore hinted at them realising they needed experience, but going back to 2 it's still going to be a major problem because of cost and quality. I also believe we've signed the replacement (although there will be further signings ofc) for certainly Clarke already. Signing Hjelde may have also been having one eye on Ballard going and Seelt stepping in. Any further signings will come back to availability and we won't spend massively on older players and we've bulked the squad out in younger ones, meaning we've invested in fees and long term deals on many and likely won't just abandon them.

It needs a decent sized adjustment whichever way you look at it. Going all in Signing kids hasn't been an accident. They've already told us the players that have been here longer become the experienced ones - but that only works of you keep a core of them who are good enough.
If Hjelde is Ballard’s replacement then we should start looking at trains to Burton and Lincoln for the season after next

If Hjelde is Ballard’s replacement then we should start looking at trains to Burton and Lincoln for the season after next
We're downgrading in every position. Since ballard signed who can you say has improved us? What has constantly been a problem under this ownership up front has spread to defensive midfield and is now progressing throughout the squad.

Don Goodman..and he is spot on imo. He also says "i hear that when Jack Clarke goes, Sunderland believe his replacement is already at the club and they will be developing somebody" Nobody who we have brought in, is anywhere near as Clarke's replacement. If Goodman has been told the club believe we have his replacement already, then we are fucked. Also, he is correct about the calibre of Head Coach we may be able to attract under the set up.
Why are we acting like that’s anything we don’t know? Mundle was clearly brought in as a replacement for Jack Clarke, and that’s why he needs to be getting minutes to prove he’s worth that starting berth next season. Otherwise we need to be looking at options, but we don’t really know that as a club if we continue to leave him out and ignore him.

Worth remembering too that Clarke looked a bit of a donkey when he first joined and arguably was better at LWB for a period under Neil before transforming into one hell of a player. Sometimes lads need time to develop

I don’t agree regards the manager we could attract - I think we’re an incredibly attractive option and people still see us as a possible route into the PL. Easiest way to make it to the big bucks is to take a sleeping team in the championship and get them promoted. See Kompany - he’d walk into another PL job despite his only attempt up there ending in disgrace frankly. That’s just how the market is - if you’re young with a funky name you’ll get chance after chance. Patrick Vieira is another one that will get another chance, and that muppet who was in charge at hull and Everton marko Silva keeps getting jobs and failing.

They'll probably go the full hog: Clarke, Ballard and Neil out the door to be replaced by a bunch of kids who won't be at the level required.
As others have said, the model has to be more flexible and adapt to what the first team needs.
As much as i've slated the model etc, there is no way they will sell all of them in one window. I reckon Clarke n Neil will be away.

This summers recruitment is the final test for Kld to see of he is genuinely interested in progress or not. We will know one way or the other, so as much as I'm utterly unimpressed with this season, I'm not ready to conclude that he's a shit owner and needs to go.

It's a fair question, are Speakman's recent signings poor because he is poor or, are they poor because the budget allocated to him is just not good enough.

He was absolutely fine transitioning us from a league one to a championship team so why has he gone off the boil all of a sudden?

It may not be all on Speakman.
I wonder if Speakman's comment about "plodding on" was actually a dig.

Why are we acting like that’s anything we don’t know? Mundle was clearly brought in as a replacement for Jack Clarke, and that’s why he needs to be getting minutes to prove he’s worth that starting berth next season. Otherwise we need to be looking at options, but we don’t really know that as a club if we continue to leave him out and ignore him.

Worth remembering too that Clarke looked a bit of a donkey when he first joined and arguably was better at LWB for a period under Neil before transforming into one hell of a player. Sometimes lads need time to develop

I don’t agree regards the manager we could attract - I think we’re an incredibly attractive option and people still see us as a possible route into the PL. Easiest way to make it to the big bucks is to take a sleeping team in the championship and get them promoted.

I’ve seen a few posters saying this about Clarke in the early days but I don’t recall him ever looking as ‘raw’ as Mundle. If you look back at some of the comments about Clarke in his League 1 days on here, posters were saying it would be amazing if we could sign him permanently, he’s a great prospect and glides passed players with ease etc. I don’t see anyone saying similar things about Mundle…..

That’s my big worry. In a blatant cost cutting exercise we’re doubling down on buying younger and even less experienced players and imo it just won’t end well.

As for the club being an attractive option for prospective head coaches, again if the model remains I just cannot see any self respecting coach touch us with a barge pole. It’s the impossible job.

Back