Sunderland Bands and Artists (Spotify Playlist)

I'd have said my old band but I think the closest we ever got to an online presence was MySpace. Quite popular in Japan, due to it mind, judging by all of the messages we used to get from the barmy gets.
The master CDs have gone missing and are probably still in my old flat n'all.

Last edited:
I have created a playlist on Spotify of all the bands and artists I know with a strong connection to Sunderland (formed in Sunderland or born in Sunderland) but would love to grow this list as I suspect I have just scratched the surface. I am not just looking for well known artists. I would love bands from the area just starting out to get their tracks on here. I know a lot of people starting out put their music on Soundcloud but with free or cheap services like distrokid and amuse.io people should get their songs online and on this list.

Click here for the spotify link

I am trying to keep it to one song per artist but please add tracks/bands you think are relevant.
Good work!

The bassist in Lebanon Hanover (downbeat post-punk hipsters)
The present singer in the Stranglers (he was in Toy Dolls)
Ian Boddy if you want something more leftfield, he does Tangerine Dream-esque ambient stuff

I'd have said my old band but I think the closest we ever got to an online presence was MySpace. Quite popular in Japan, due to it mind, judging by all of the messages we used to get from the barmy gets.
The master CDs have gone missing and are probably still in my old flat n'all.
Its so easy these days to get your music online. Probably a loss maker.
Sadly I don't think myspace presence counts for much these days. I had 10,000 + people on my myspace profile. My website back at that time was getting 500 downloads a day.
Starting up again on Spotify, and Facebook and I have largely been back down to double digits.

Thanks man, really appreciate it. There’s a b-side to that on our Spotify callled ‘no way out alive’ if you’re interested :)

White Legs
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaind
Ballpeen
Famous David (like smashing pumpkins and big black-on spotify)

FD are the shit

China drum,all north east,sure one or two were from here

Ted chau,Pil ex member,went to monky house

Hooten 3 car

Saw china drum at reading and in bourbon streen in sunlun

Think the singer's da is a MLF

Nobody mentioned post rome? Set for the top- catchy as fuk- spotify them- playing independant soon

Last edited:
Well there you go, I like Enigma and listen to them quite a bit but didn't know there was a Sunderland link, maybes because I don't really care.

I have created a playlist on Spotify of all the bands and artists I know with a strong connection to Sunderland (formed in Sunderland or born in Sunderland) but would love to grow this list as I suspect I have just scratched the surface. I am not just looking for well known artists. I would love bands from the area just starting out to get their tracks on here. I know a lot of people starting out put their music on Soundcloud but with free or cheap services like distrokid and amuse.io people should get their songs online and on this list.

Click here for the spotify link

I am trying to keep it to one song per artist but please add tracks/bands you think are relevant.

Gerrin marra. Have added a couple on there for you, feel free to delet if they're not to your taste

White Legs
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaind
Ballpeen
Famous David (like smashing pumpkins and big black-on spotify)

FD are the shit

Saw china drum at reading and in bourbon streen in sunlun

Nobody mentioned post rome? Set for the top- catchy as fuk- spotify them- playing independant soon
My band was support that night in Bourbon St

Back