Sunderland AFC Summer Transfer Rumours 2022/23

Knocking 30 and not got 150 league games. He's been a problem pretty much everywhere he's been. Not sure that I'd want him in the team ahead of say Dan Neil or Jack Rudoni.
he played virtually every game for Derby last season and was by far their best player according to lots of Derby fans. Showed real leadership qualities apparently, sounds like he's changed

Knocking 30 and not got 150 league games. He's been a problem pretty much everywhere he's been. Not sure that I'd want him in the team ahead of say Dan Neil or Jack Rudoni.
But wasn’t a problem at his most recent team, in the league above us, and his talent is unquestionable. Again, as orher poster said, if they think it’s worth it I trust them. Personally I’d be sat with you and wouldn’t give the contract to a risk - but Pritchard was a risk, as was Roberts and they both paid off. A team full of quality, with the right leadership could well come good. At least it won’t be a fee, and we won’t lose money like the Rodwell, ndong, Alvarez etc fiasco’s.

We’re all one, and I’ll welcome anyone who will win us games and respect our shirt

he played virtually every game for Derby last season and was by far their best player according to lots of Derby fans. Showed real leadership qualities apparently, sounds like he's changed
I haven't seen any Derby fans saying he was by far their best player. Where did you read that?
We’re all one, and I’ll welcome anyone who will win us games and respect our shirt
I would welcome him, with low expectations.

Last edited:
Heard one about Jordan Hugill

We’ve been linked with him before. A poster was put on the raos list because he knew his mam or something and he’d “signed”. Can’t remember who it was.

Anyway I’m not sure I’d want him. I admit I’ve not watched him loads, but he’s had double figures what twice in 10 seasons? His best return was about 4 years ago with 15, and he usually scores about 5 or 6 a year. He averages less than 1 in 4. Hardly gets the pulses racing.

We’ve been linked with him before. A poster was put on the raos list because he knew his mam or something and he’d “signed”. Can’t remember who it was.

Anyway I’m not sure I’d want him. I admit I’ve not watched him loads, but he’s had double figures what twice in 10 seasons? His best return was about 4 years ago with 15, and he usually scores about 5 or 6 a year. He averages less than 1 in 4. Hardly gets the pulses racing.

Was a favorite under AN at Preston I believe. Might not be a bad back up option for RS

Just that we are monitoring it, via someone who who knows him from Preston days. That’s it. I’m sure we’re watching what happens with dozens of players.

Last edited:
Marcus Maddison has moved back to the north east. I wonder if he’s linked with us or wether he’s going to pools or a non league side

How many have you signed so far. Tranmere have signed 6 so far and only one is over 21. We have gone from having a squad with an average age of 29 years 7 months to one with an average age of 23 years and 3 months in 7 weeks. 22 players and 15 are under 23. One extreme to the other. Josh Hawkes is now our 5th most experienced player. 58 league games.

How many have you signed so far. Tranmere have signed 6 so far and only one is over 21. We have gone from having a squad with an average age of 29 years 7 months to one with an average age of 23 years and 3 months in 7 weeks. 22 players and 15 are under 23. One extreme to the other. Josh Hawkes is now our 5th most experienced player. 58 league games.
Who'd you reckon will win that league next season?

Was a favorite under AN at Preston I believe. Might not be a bad back up option for RS

Just that we are monitoring it, via someone who who knows him from Preston days. That’s it. I’m sure we’re watching what happens with dozens of players.
Maybe Hugill in case Rossco nashes off to Gers

Back