Sunderland AFC Summer Transfer Rumours 2022/23

Who'd you reckon will win that league next season?
Not us. We havent won a league since 1938 and 1913 before that. Every time we win a league a World War starts 12 months later. Too risky now. No idea on winner to be honest but i would put money on Northampton Town if i was a gambler.

I can see a CM leave
Hopefully we feel we can carry 5, given O'Nien is a bit of a jack-of-all-trades and Neil views Winchester as a defender. Will be a long season and of the 4 midfielders we currently have in the first team squad the two I'd most want to keep for the long term appear to be the two closest to the door.

How many have you signed so far. Tranmere have signed 6 so far and only one is over 21. We have gone from having a squad with an average age of 29 years 7 months to one with an average age of 23 years and 3 months in 7 weeks. 22 players and 15 are under 23. One extreme to the other. Josh Hawkes is now our 5th most experienced player. 58 league games.
We have upped the average age a bit now at Tranmere with Jon Nolan and Nill Byrne.
We have upped the average age a bit now at Tranmere with Jon Nolan and Nill Byrne.
Neill Byrne. Bloody phone keyboard is crap.

Last edited:

Back