Sunderland’s reputation as UK centre of far right is now national

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a resident of Sunderland, I can honestly say it's very very very rare witnessing anything spontaneously racist. These organised rallies (from people not from Sunderland) are simply looking for cheap votes in areas that feel abandoned. Simple trick they play, identify an area typically high in unemployment and been abandoned by the government , blame immigration, offer right wing alternatives. If people have been paying any attention to political voting, Sunderland still is staunchly labour supporting.....(maybe too much and to its detriment). The simple fact of the matter people with external agendas against Sunderland want to politicise the fact Sunderland's keel square has been the venue for right wing groups....totally ignoring the fact it's been the venue for plenty unity/ anti-facist meetings too.
Too many making up erroneous acquisitions without having any backing evidence...quite pathetic really

Last edited:

As a resident of Sunderland, I can honestly say it's very very very rare witnessing anything spontaneously racist. These organised rallies (from people not from Sunderland) are simply looking for cheap votes in areas that feel abandoned. Simple trick they play, identify an area typically high in unemployment and been abandoned by the government , blame immigration, offer right wing alternatives. If people have been paying any attention to political voting, Sunderland still is staunchly labour supporting.....(maybe too much and to its detriment). The simple fact of the matter people with external agendas against Sunderland want to politicise the fact Sunderland's keel square has been the venue for right wing groups....totally ignoring the fact it's been the venue for plenty unity/ anti-facist meetings too.
Too many making up erroneous acquisitions without having any backing evidence...quite pathetic really
They want there to be right wing extremists in sunderland, they want to be able to bitch and moan about far right, racists and nazis so it justifies their own paranoid behaviour, and the behaviour of violent mobs like Antifa.

Absolute bollocks. Park Lane with CAPS LOCK was a usual occurance. Anti fascists yes once in Keel. Square to oppose fascist football lads alliance or whatever and it went really good. Meanwhile Tasha Allan and others still attending far right hate meetings but thankfully very few now attend.

Absolute bollocks. Park Lane with CAPS LOCK was a usual occurance. Anti fascists yes once in Keel. Square to oppose fascist football lads alliance or whatever and it went really good. Meanwhile Tasha Allan and others still attending far right hate meetings but thankfully very few now attend.
:confused: you're stating my very point that right wing rallies aren't well supported in Sunderland

There was a 2 page article in my paper here a while back 'Sunderland the home of brexit' - didn't paint a nice picture of a city that had been ignored and left to rot

I reckon he was holding the paintbrush the wrong way, if you had someone painting who was from Sunderland I reckon you'd have had more colour and positivity... then again what do I know? I'm living in the Czech Republic, inside of the EU, a few hundred miles away.
I think that is largely true, and that is pretty much what the article says too, but people could do well to heed the last paragraph of that article:

“The majority of people in Sunderland are not racist,” he said. “I’m worried about where Sunderland is heading [because] there’s too many people walking around with their heads down, not looking at what’s going on.”

Last paragraph? Last sentence.
No need for worry though, everything will be just fine...
So where in Sunderland would you call above average? Somewhere that could hold it's own in a major city?

If I stuck Josephs in a major city, it would hold it's own... law of attraction.
Only have to look at this thread and many others like it with people actively ignoring the issue with some openly supporting the fascists

Actively ignoring the issue? You're doing the exact thing you claim to be crusading against and you can't see it.

7:1-5.
Imagine taking your kid on a far right demo, sick twats
Do you criticize people taking kids to pride marches, where there are adults walking around in gimpwear with dildos cellotaped to their arms, call them any names? Sick twats or anything like that?

Hopefully now you can see the hypocrisy you're spouting. It's wrong in both instances... who are those people to impress their views upon children? You only view it as morally bankrupt when it goes against your views. That's something you need to think on.
Billy Capslock hit all the national media outlets so I think anybody who reads the news knows about him.
You're relying on the media too much and combining that with the fallacy that everyone is reading the same news as you. Do you think everyone is looking to put Sunderland on the map as the far right centre capital of the UK? There are probably hordes of people like you up and down this country trying to do the same about their town so they can pin it on brexit. It f***ing stinks to be honest and I say that as someone who voted to remain.

Last edited:
Voted overwhelmingly for Brexit. The rest of the country already knows this - doesn't need a guardian article to confirm it.

That photo on referendum night will haunt the City for a generation. I know we like to declare first, but that night we should have just declared at 4am

I've heard a few people who think we had the largest leave vote in the country. There was a Lab MP who kept repeating it during the Euro elections night.
Voted overwhelmingly for Brexit. The rest of the country already knows this - doesn't need a guardian article to confirm it.

Aye but so did the rest of the country. We didn't even have the highest leave vote in Tyne and Wear.
Jesus what an abortion of a thread mind. No wonder this place is going to the dogs
Do you criticize people taking kids to pride marches, where there are adults walking around in gimpwear with dildos cellotaped to their arms, call them any names? Sick twats or anything like that?

Hopefully now you can see the hypocrisy you're spouting. It's wrong in both instances... who are those people to impress their views upon children? You only view it as morally bankrupt when it goes against your views. That's something you need to think on.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Which part of Sunderland do you live in bud? Do you honestly see all this far right shit the op is on about?

I live in Hendon and yes I do. Don't know if its more or less than the rest of the country in relative terms but it would be fallacious to deny it.

Last edited:
So what? It doesn’t mean people voted leave for immigration reasons. Maybe people were just fed up of the city being overlooked for projects that have gone elsewhere in Tyne and Wear.

The referendum really wasn’t as simplistic as remain=pro immigration, leave=anti immigration. I’m not sure why people think this is the case.

I honestly think the OP needs time away from the Internet. I meet people from all over the country on a weekly basis and I've never heard anybody talk about Sunderland as some far right hotbed. It seems like the constant online debates have made it seem a lot more real in your head, on order to substantiate your point.

I live in Surrey at the moment, I have also lived in the East end of London, anyone asks where my accent is from and I say sunderland they mention two things, football and Nissan, no one has ever said "SUNDERLAND??? The breeding ground of far-right thuggish fascism??" To even suggest that is farcical 🤣

I live in Surrey at the moment, I have also lived in the East end of London, anyone asks where my accent is from and I say sunderland they mention two things, football and Nissan, no one has ever said "SUNDERLAND??? The breeding ground of far-right thuggish fascism??" To even suggest that is farcical 🤣

We are very well known for Brexit mind mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back