Sunderland’s reputation as UK centre of far right is now national

Not exactly something as a City that we should want to be known for. If we do end up losing companies like Nissan and we end up with high unemployment rates etc I really do fear for the future of this City as being somewhere you would want to live and bring up a family. The ease in which the far right extremists infiltrated our City is pretty scary as was/is the willingness of so many local people to hero worship scum like Billy Charlton and Tommy Robinson.

Not exactly something as a City that we should want to be known for. If we do end up losing companies like Nissan and we end up with high unemployment rates etc I really do fear for the future of this City as being somewhere you would want to live and bring up a family. The ease in which the far right extremists infiltrated our City is pretty scary as was/is the willingness of so many local people to hero worship scum like Billy Charlton and Tommy Robinson.

Sober up man

Sunderland is fine.

it’s perception around the rest of the UK is not.

Tommy and Caps lock billy have brought a lot of unwanted attention to the city.
I think if we polled the UK we'd be embarressed by what little opinion the rest of the country has on us at all.

I don't think they could give a toss about us.

We don't even have a prominent football team anymore.

Last edited:
Sunderland is fine.

it’s perception around the rest of the UK is not.

Tommy and Caps lock billy have brought a lot of unwanted attention to the city.
I work all over the country and if I mention I'm from Sunderland it's always football that gets mentioned. No one has ever mentioned us being a "right wing center of the uk"

Despite what the op would have us believe. Remember hes the one that was seeing racist flags all over Sunderland years before the referendum (he couldn't actually say where they were though)

I work all over the country and if I mention I'm from Sunderland it's always football that gets mentioned. No one has ever mentioned us being a "right wing center of the uk"

Despite what the op would have us believe. Remember hes the one that was seeing racist flags all over Sunderland years before the referendum (he couldn't actually say where they were though)
Exactly mate, I've never heard anyone mention Caps lock billy or even that Tommy Robinson was in town for the day even once.

Media has to fill its pages with something and there's nothing better than outrage.

This is the Guardian doing its equivalent of the Daily Mail saying 1 million migrants are moving into your town.

Exactly mate, I've never heard anyone mention Caps lock billy or even that Tommy Robinson was in town for the day even once.

Media has to fill its pages with something and there's nothing better than outrage.

This is the Guardian doing its equivalent of the Daily Mail saying 1 million migrants are moving into your town.
Unfortunately the gullible and those that want it to be so will repeat it

For the love of god :lol:

Sunderland's fine

Stop reading the f***ing Guardian

Sunderland’s fine? 13 far right marches in a tiny town in 13 months suggests it’s not like.

So which bit of what they said is wrong, every single thing in that article is things you know have happened in Sunderland

I do get the feeling that's the case sometimes.

It's like they want to justify their own vitriol and anger by going look at them over there.

Owen Jones comes to mind with his constant bleating on about how he's fighting a fascist agenda cos there's brexiteers protesting in the streets.
Sunderland’s fine? 13 far right marches in a tiny town in 13 months suggests it’s not like.

So which bit of what they said is wrong, every single thing in that article is things you know have happened in Sunderland
It's a City iirc or are you talking about middlesbrough?

Last edited:

Billy Capslock hit all the national media outlets so I think anybody who reads the news knows about him.

A tiny town?
You mean a city of over a quarter of a million people

You love to put us down don't you

You've got some chip on your shoulder there boy

I do get the feeling that's the case sometimes.

It's like they want to justify their own vitriol and anger by going look at them over there.

Owen Jones comes to mind with his constant bleating on about how he's fighting a fascist agenda cos there's brexiteers protesting in the streets.

It's a City iirc or are you talking about boro?

So you don’t refer to it as the town then? Are you sure cause pretty much everyone i know does.

Billy Capslock hit all the national media outlets so I think anybody who reads the news knows about him.
Theres stuff in national media every single day.

Most people read a few pages and even then they remember even less.
So you don’t refer to it as the town then? Are you sure cause pretty much everyone i know does.
Why like do you call it the "tiny town" :lol:

A tiny town?
You mean a city of over a quarter of a million people

You love to put us down don't you

You've got some chip on your shoulder there boy

It is a small town on the nation stage....A town of 250k people having 13 far right marches is nuts, I suspect that is probably more than anywhere else in the UK outside of London
Theres stuff in national media every single day.

Most people read a few pages and even then they remember even less.

Why like do you call it the "tiny town" :lol:

So you do call it the town and not the City, glad we’ve cleared that up. And on a national scale it is tiny.

Well the brown skinned people were being naughty back then and the marches were telling them to behave.

Well the brown skinned people were being naughty back then and the marches were telling them to behave.

Surely the point of the argument was what any right minded person knows, a couple of brown people were being naughty which was then hijacked to try and make out it was the entire “brown” community, including making up a rape to really stir shit up.
It's in the top twenty population wide

Just admit it, you dive in too quick to try to belittle Sunderland

Why is calling it a small town belittling it? Paranoid or what. Unlike most of you who were born in Sunderland I chose to live here because I like it, not just out of habit. I can however see it’s flaws and understand it is an economically and socially deprived area that needs a lot of work.

Last edited:

Back