Sunderland’s reputation as UK centre of far right is now national

Not a fan of Ocean road, lots of Indians but I haven't been in one that does authentic Indian food. It's all English Indian stuff.
Authentic Indian food isn't as good as some english/Indian food, been to India a few times including once for a year, all over the country, top to bottom.

Authentic Indian food isn't as good as some english/Indian food, been to India a few times including once for a year, all over the country, top to bottom.
Some authentic Indian food is much better, some is absolutely terrible

It would take a bigoted fckwit to say none of the Indians foods that have been adapted to European tastes are as good as genuine Indian food

@Hep

I got amoebic dysentery there lost just over 2 stone in weight from the squints, proper Delhi belly.
I've never suffered illness whilst working over there and had some cracking meals

I've eaten some stuff that I wouldn't touch over here though

I was working on a ship (in the UK) once and the smell of curry and spices was fcking gorgeous. Two hours working on the bridge just praying that they'd invite me to join them for dinner. Comes dinner time and, sure enough, they were good enough to invite me. I walked into the officers mess and the smell had my mouth watering, fcking lovely. Blokes were sat eating what looked like a cracking curry. The skipper assured me that they'd made a "special meal" for me, I couldn't wait

Bastards handed over a plate of ham and eggs!!!
I had to thank them for making such a special effort for me but, fuxme, I'd rather have had a curry

:evil:

Some authentic Indian food is much better, some is absolutely terrible

It would take a bigoted fckwit to say none of the Indians foods that have been adapted to European tastes are as good as genuine Indian food

@Hep
lol, what would you say the average is. Is real Indian food (on average) better or worse than that adapted UK stuff?

I know it's subjective, but what do you think.

lol, what would you say the average is. Is real Indian food (on average) better or worse than that adapted UK stuff?

I know it's subjective, but what do you think.
Dunno mate. Theres such a variety both here and over there.

Try a look t the Alishaan menu

As I say, I've had some cracking meals but also some dire shite.
I don't tend to go for the over sweet (to my taste) masala style dishes. I wish I could find somewhere over here which did some of the black pepper based dishes I've had over there. I've also had genuine meals over there which I've found bland and tasteless

I do quite like the variety of vegetarian dishes over there

I work all over the country and if I mention I'm from Sunderland it's always football that gets mentioned. No one has ever mentioned us being a "right wing center of the uk"

Despite what the op would have us believe. Remember hes the one that was seeing racist flags all over Sunderland years before the referendum (he couldn't actually say where they were though)

Racism is a problem for the uneducated wherever they are located.

Back