Sun’s Out / Illegal Motorbikes

Harbour View the neet and one came down side street with kerb and bumped up onto Roker Ave about10.45 on my way home with lass on pillion. Over bridge to SOL metro and one flying down main road towards wheatsheaf nee lights on.
Not boshed if the scratters "in charge" kill themselves but feel sorry for any folk they hit and wonder if the Young Girl`s parents know where She is?
Always thankful for the working class upbringing I had to respect others and my surroundings and wish there was less need for scratters threads!

Yeah scratters aren’t bothered one bit as there’s no deterrent for them and basically laugh at the coppers.
Only matter of time before someone seriously hurt n hopefully it won’t be the innocent person who’s in the wrong place at the wrong time 🤞🏼🤞🏼

An electric bike overtook us in Thompson road earlier, we were doing 30mph, it turned in front of a car past the mill, through the red lights and straight down a path behind Faber road. Dark clothes,no protection and no lights.theyll take some catching like,with the petrol ones you can always listen out

I don’t know the circumstances of this & it could be completely made up, but a lad of Facebook has commented saying it was stolen & they were being chased

Either stolen or bought cheap, either way they've probably had no license, insurance etc and likely high.

You’re thinking the same way I am, but I didn’t want to jump in & say it. The 15yr old part is illegal regardless I think? Assuming he was on?
Not necessarily,if you have a full licence and insured for a pillion then its fine. Given the circumstances I suspect this isn't the case

People around Pallion were saying there were 4 people on it at one point when it was zipping about. I'm find it a bit dubious, but some said they saw it themselves.

dont you need to be at least 19 to get the full licence
Not sure, I think it's staggered ie at 17 you can ride a certain size etc. I know from 24 years onwards you can pass on a big bike then ride owt, sure it used to be 21

The A1 Motorcycle Licence is available for people aged 17 or above who only want to ride a scooter/moped or motorbike with a maximum engine size of up to 125cc. Many people consider the A1 licence as a so called “permanent CBT”, with the added privilege of being able to use motorways, and carry pillion passenger's.

Last edited:

Back