Sun’s Out / Illegal Motorbikes

Is it hard to understand it's almost impossible to do what you say without being seen on camera in the build up ?
I've driven 10 to 25k miles per annum for 35 years.

You develop a sixth sense and can make almost imperceptible changes that cut off another user who is about to be rude... or worse.

Van drivers in particular are so caught up in their own self importance that they perform close in high speed manoeuvres that would make the Red Arrows blush.

This years favourite is the last of the late brakers and swoop in front at 70mph to leave at the slip road they couldn't be arsed to wait 4 more seconds for.

They assume too much and seem oblivious to the danger although fortunately I'm satisfied to see them just miss their junction most of the time.

If I'm honest I'd probably stop short of knocking some helmetless gonk into oncoming traffic but I'm not even nearly the biggest c*nt on the road.

Yeah apparently bikes with side cars are totally different for obvious reasons.When on a bike you’re never switched off as you’ll know and some car driving is horrendous.
Well hopefully when you retire you’ll get one again as obviously the desire is still there which is good 👍🏻
Plenty bikes about now that aren’t chain driven but not sure about ones in the engine size you mention.
I’ve got a shaft driven bike but 1200. A bloke I’ve just been in tour with has recently got rid of a 700cc Honda and bought a 350 ktm for green laning and local riding.

What caused the chain to snap in the 1st place to cause the accident and paranoia
It snapped because it was over tensioned I think. It was a new chain and I over tensioned it as new chains go slack pretty quick. In hindsight it was a daft thing to do. My own fault.
I came off on a dual carriageway near Marlowe bottom. I remember thinking please end up so traffic behind can go around me. Unfortunately I ended pretty much bang in the middle of two lanes. Luckily there was an AA van behind and he positioned his van in front of me which stopped both lanes of traffic. He produced a massive screwdriver and untangled the chain and helped me push the bike off the road. I hadn't been going very fast because the bike felt wrong. Just as well otherwise it could have been far worse.
I was thinking around 400cc ,top speed 90mph . Honda do a 750 scooter
Ah right. I thought scooters were small and for learners, so low cc. I didn't know you could get them with that size engine. I'm surprised that big they are classed as scooters.

Last edited:
It snapped because it was over tensioned I think. It was a new chain and I over tensioned it as new chains go slack pretty quick. In hindsight it was a daft thing to do. My own fault.
I came off on a dual carriageway near Marlowe bottom. I remember thinking please end up so traffic behind can go around me. Unfortunately I ended pretty much bang in the middle of two lanes. Luckily there was an AA van behind and he positioned his van in front of me which stopped both lanes of traffic. He produced a massive screwdriver and untangled the chain and helped me push the bike off the road. I hadn't been going very fast because the bike felt wrong. Just as well otherwise it could have been far worse.

Ah right. I thought scooters were small and for learners, so low cc. I didn't know you could get them with that size engine. I'm surprised that big they are classed as scooters.
Twist and go ,no clutch , brakes on bars but with power
That's what the demons ride in London to terrorise people

Firstly -I AM NOT CONDONING THIS BEHAVIOUR.

OK - I have made that clear.

Bikes and cars are exciting and humans crave excitement, risk, danger.

The hot hatch twocking era shows this has always gone on.

Being chased by police is not a deterrent to some people.

We need to find a solution not moan about the problem.
The solution is simple.
Make sentencing laws large and make them rigid.
Then advertise it in all ways and through schools so nobody can use any excuse they didn't understand it.

The solution is simple.
Make sentencing laws large and make them rigid.
Then advertise it in all ways and through schools so nobody can use any excuse they didn't understand it.
I don’t think it is that simple.

Making draconian sentencing without flexibility is not the type of civilised society I want to live in.

I used to ride with lads that were simply not bothered about the law and police. Is that right, of course not. But it is the reality.

What got our lot on the straight and narrow was a better alternative, in our case, racing. We all got into racing and realised we could be as fast as our meagre talent allowed and we were challenged too.

I don’t think it is that simple.

Making draconian sentencing without flexibility is not the type of civilised society I want to live in.

I used to ride with lads that were simply not bothered about the law and police. Is that right, of course not. But it is the reality.

What got our lot on the straight and narrow was a better alternative, in our case, racing. We all got into racing and realised we could be as fast as our meagre talent allowed and we were challenged too.
I agree it's not as simple as I suggested.

Twist and go ,no clutch , brakes on bars but with power
That's what the demons ride in London to terrorise people
I've been looking them up. Like you said honda do a 750 scooter, I'll have to try and see one in the flesh. See how big they look. I'd prefer a clutch and old style foot change. I think it would take something away from the enjoyment of riding with no manual gear change. Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned.

So a lesson defo learned about nee chains and yeah a bad way to learn it but I wouldn’t let that put ya off a bike that’s chain driven.
Yeah Suzuki do a Burgman twist n go in various sizes n think smallest about 200cc also Honda do a majesty one plus sure bmw do a 600 one or 650.

Saw a lad up Wrekenton today riding a quad bike through the Main Street wearing a balaclava, seemed perfectly normal on a warm blue skied August afternoon.

they wont give a fk been going on like this for months. like I mentioned earlier in the thread they will just post vids of it on tik tok
They will mate once they nick the wrong one, guaranteed.

Just as I typed that.

The bike has been returned cheers everyone

Last edited:

Back