Sun’s Out / Illegal Motorbikes

Drove back from the hospital to Newcastle road. Bike without helmets, couple of kids on, overtaking cars on the wrong side of the road up Hylton Rd. Saw them approach the brow of the bank at Cheemas & was waiting for a bus to come over & hit them head on.

Then on Newcastle Rd, a different set of kids (I think) with helmets, driving down the lane closed off to traffic for road works & zig zagging back in to get ahead of cards.

Not that I know a lot about it, but they didn’t look like legal road bikes, if either had have been knocked over it would have been their own fault.

It feels like every time the sun’s out you get this happening

Drove back from the hospital to Newcastle road. Bike without helmets, couple of kids on, overtaking cars on the wrong side of the road up Hylton Rd. Saw them approach the brow of the bank at Cheemas & was waiting for a bus to come over & hit them head on.

Then on Newcastle Rd, a different set of kids (I think) with helmets, driving down the lane closed off to traffic for road works & zig zagging back in to get ahead of cards.

Not that I know a lot about it, but they didn’t look like legal road bikes, if either had have been knocked over it would have been their own fault.

Not Sunderland but same thing. Not sure how easy it is for the police to stop without causing injury.

Someone was killed around St. Lukes road in the last couple of months too.
Not Sunderland but same thing. Not sure how easy it is for the police to stop without causing injury.
It seems like it’s too easy for them to get away with, but the sheer stupidity & danger to others I saw to tonight was crazy. But aye, how do you stop them. Cause a dangerous chase? Throw them spikes down they’ll likely come off & get injured. They probably would like to get chased. Part of the buzz of knowing they’re half protected cos they can’t be forcibly stopped.

It seems like it’s too easy for them to get away with, but the sheer stupidity & danger to others I saw to tonight was crazy. But aye, how do you stop them. Cause a dangerous chase? Throw them spikes down they’ll likely come off & get injured. They probably would like to get chased. Part of the buzz of knowing they’re half protected cos they can’t be forcibly stopped.
Choppers and coppers on dirt bikes really. Still dangerous.

Went to Morrisons at Seaburn yesterday and got stopped in traffic outside the Seaburn hotel.A lad on a motorbike with no helmet on pulled in on opposite side and there was a lad on a mountain bike on the path who had words then got off and thought going to be a fight but traffic moved off. Got outside the Seaburn Inn and this bike now 2 up just drove down the opposite side of the road to get past everyone and went up the path and on to Morrisons car park. The lad on the back jumps off with bolt croppers and snaps a chain on a padlocked bike n away with it with not a care in the world.

I read that one force was using drones to follow them home then just went round and confiscated the bikes afterward. Means no dangerous chase And a lot cheaper.
Good idea

I’ve reported the Newcastle road lot before
Usually heading to quarry
No helmets or reg plates
No doubt if they get injured parents will blame….. police schools social workers etc…..

Last edited:
Went to Morrisons at Seaburn yesterday and got stopped in traffic outside the Seaburn hotel.A lad on a motorbike with no helmet on pulled in on opposite side and there was a lad on a mountain bike on the path who had words then got off and thought going to be a fight but traffic moved off. Got outside the Seaburn Inn and this bike now 2 up just drove down the opposite side of the road to get past everyone and went up the path and on to Morrisons car park. The lad on the back jumps off with bolt croppers and snaps a chain on a padlocked bike n away with it with not a care in the world.
Seen something similar yesterday,I was coming down Roker Avenue when a motor bike came down with 2 on with no helmets when I got to Shields seafront the same bike was riding away with the lad on the back carrying a mountain bike on the back.

Seen something similar yesterday,I was coming down Roker Avenue when a motor bike came down with 2 on with no helmets when I got to Shields seafront the same bike was riding away with the lad on the back carrying a mountain bike on the back.
Probs same people then and the 2 looked like proper wrang uns like.

Some police forces are allowed to use "tactical contact" to stop bikes, South Yorkshire for one. But what if the rider is only 12 or 13 years old, how do you explain to a judge you rammed a child off a bike because they weren't riding legally?

It's the parents who buy the kids these bikes. Don't give a flying shite what they get up to on them.
We have far too high a percentage of scum. Loads down the seafront this last couple of days.
They knick most of them
Lad at works this week ,probably one of the ones mentioned flying around
They have 2 names ,1 is 14

Back