Summer Holidays - who

Will (hopefully) be in Tenerife this time next week with the €1 beers

The flight has already been rescheduled once because the the staff shortage so fingers crossed.

It's all up in the air at the moment. My middle one is crackers on Viking history. We were going to do the holiday that has been cancelled for the last two summers, but he has now met a lass and he's not sure if he's coming or not!

Original holiday plan is:
Oslo
Train to Flam
Train to Bergen
Boat to Stavanger

As it's all refundable, the little one, who is crackers on German history, asked could we go to Germany or Auschwitz. A potential plan for that one is:
Cologne
Train to Berlin
Train to Prague
Train to Krakow

So no idea and yes I have weird bairns!

Your Norway idea is the same trip i did minus Oslo. You’ll have a fantastic time.

Booked the late Summer/Autumn holiday last night. Heading back to Cyprus in early October but going to the new destination of Latchi although we have driven there from Coral Bay on a few occasions.

Week in Northumberland for me.

I always understood that as a “holiday” or a “break”, whereas I understood a “staycation” to be where you stayed at home to do DIY, gardening etc. But apparently a staycation now also includes having h a holiday in this country too.

I wonder if that also applies to Americans and Australians.

Off to Bali at the end of August. Can’t say it’s my favourite place by any stretch but it will be relaxing if nothing else.
Thought you'd be off to Rome 16hrs non stop with Mcgowan. ;)

I always understood that as a “holiday” or a “break”, whereas I understood a “staycation” to be where you stayed at home to do DIY, gardening etc. But apparently a staycation now also includes having h a holiday in this country too.

Nope I'm with you on this one staycation is in your own home. We went to Palm Cove in North Queensland just after Easter and we class that as a holiday.

Last edited:
Bit the bullet on Friday night and booked to go and see our daughter in South Africa, first trip out there since 2019. There weeks of touring the Western Cape, can't wait.

I always thought a staycation was staying at home but having trips out to local places like you would on holiday.

Staycation means staying at home to me.
I always thought a staycation was staying at home but having trips out to local places like you would on holiday.
Aye, I guess this is a staycation too. You are #staying# at home.

Last edited:

Back