Summer Holidays - who

Fortneet at me bro in laws villa in mallorca, went there in april , back again in early September.
Considering the States then but looking at late April/May for that ( hopefully flights don't go up too much, car hire was beginning to drop and nee masks now ) . Also need to renew passports but will do that after Mallorca so nee rush.

Week in Northumberland for me.

I always understood that as a “holiday” or a “break”, whereas I understood a “staycation” to be where you stayed at home to do DIY, gardening etc. But apparently a staycation now also includes having h a holiday in this country too.

I wonder if that also applies to Americans and Australians.

Even worse than "staycation" is "holistay"
1€ beers in tourist areas are going to be rare from now on.

Still a few 1 Euro (or even 95 cent) places in Tenerife if you go looking for them but they tend to quite grim in terms of quality, location and clientele. I'd rather pay a bit more for better beer in a nicer place.

Last edited:
We're not going to Norway now as son wants to spend time with his lass. My daughter and me are going interrailing. Cologne, Berlin, Krakow, Prague and Budapest.
My lad is doing that with a couple of his mates, he's been to Brussels, Amsterdam and Copenhagen so far, he's on the train to Stockholm today. They were selling inter rail passes for £250 not so long back, are they still the same price

My lad is doing that with a couple of his mates, he's been to Brussels, Amsterdam and Copenhagen so far, he's on the train to Stockholm today. They were selling inter rail passes for £250 not so long back, are they still the same price

For the price of the journeys we're doing, it was pretty much the same buying individual tickets from the relevant rail companies compared to the pass so I didn't bother with it.

Found some anomalies, like for some reason it was half the price buying the Krakow to Prague tickets from the Prague rail service than the Poland one 🤷‍♀️

For the price of the journeys we're doing, it was pretty much the same buying individual tickets from the relevant rail companies compared to the pass so I didn't bother with it.

Found some anomalies, like for some reason it was half the price buying the Krakow to Prague tickets from the Prague rail service than the Poland one 🤷‍♀️
He's having a great time, I'm quite jealous. I would love to go inter railing with my kids, hope you have a great time

anyone been to costa adeje , ganning early July for couple weeks relaxation

I was there for Christmas and New year just gone, lovely place, but quiet at the time, probably due to the past 2 years, but imagine it will be excellent in July
Jun (start) - Sidari
Jun (end) - Los Alcázares
July - London
September - Mediterranean Cruise
Christmas - Still deciding where to go....hopefully over to the Far East depending on restrictions lifting....

We holidayed throughout the pandemic to Greece x 2 and Spain x 3 with no issues, just followed the guidelines and testing so not going to stop us now....

Booked Gdansk for August, not bothering in July now.

Also booked Thailand for December, having a week in Krabi for Christmas and a week in Phuket for New Year….

Want to visit some of the islands, James Bond etc, heard you can do Phi Phi island for an overnight stay, anyone done these, any advice….

Last edited:
I was there for Christmas and New year just gone, lovely place, but quiet at the time, probably due to the past 2 years, but imagine it will be excellent in July

Booked Gdansk for August, not bothering in July now.

Also booked Thailand for December, having a week in Krabi for Christmas and a week in Phuket for New Year….

Want to visit some of the islands, James Bond etc, heard you can do Phi Phi island for an overnight stay, anyone done these, any advice….
Not an overnight stay, but when i visited Thailand i just used booking.com to book hotels, went to 3 different resorts.

I'm having a nightmare here..we come back from holiday early hrs of 21st August..(into Glasgow 2am approx)...didn't fancy driving straight home..done it when we came back from Tenerife and it was a killer!!..the Mrs (no) drives but she'll never stay awake to possibly share the driving..anyway..been looking at Hotel prices and Christ they've gone up in price!!!...rang a couple and some were saying they wouldn't check us in that early or having to book in on the Saturday night before!!...the very thought of driving straight back is doing my head in.😟😟😟😟

I'm having a nightmare here..we come back from holiday early hrs of 21st August..(into Glasgow 2am approx)...didn't fancy driving straight home..done it when we came back from Tenerife and it was a killer!!..the Mrs (no) drives but she'll never stay awake to possibly share the driving..anyway..been looking at Hotel prices and Christ they've gone up in price!!!...rang a couple and some were saying they wouldn't check us in that early or having to book in on the Saturday night before!!...the very thought of driving straight back is doing my head in.😟😟😟😟
Where do you live like?
I did jfk to Lhr then drive home to Roker. No kip, drive a piece of piss. Missus kipped in plane and in car on way back. Loved it.

Where do you live like?
I did jfk to Lhr then drive home to Roker. No kip, drive a piece of piss. Missus kipped in plane and in car on way back. Loved it.
Sunderland mate...me and her struggle to kip on a plane..(I hate flying)...its nowhere near what you did...but most of flights from the Canaries to Glasgow are usually early hrs..like i say i did it when returning from Tenerife and halfway across the A69 I was driving with one eye shut plus she was splattered in the back seat with the boy.

Choose a hotel ten miles away. Twenty minute drive, cheap as chips.

Back