Summer Holidays - who

anyone been to costa adeje , ganning early July for couple weeks relaxation
I was there loads of times. Nice spot, but we're staying in Las Americas when we go back in a few weeks. The reason we're moving is because the fella we get the apartment off has a bigger one for us up the road. Nothing to do with the resort.

I was there for Christmas and New year just gone, lovely place, but quiet at the time, probably due to the past 2 years, but imagine it will be excellent in July

Booked Gdansk for August, not bothering in July now.

Also booked Thailand for December, having a week in Krabi for Christmas and a week in Phuket for New Year….

Want to visit some of the islands, James Bond etc, heard you can do Phi Phi island for an overnight stay, anyone done these, any advice….
I have a mate who’s been there as well. He said he was a bit disappointed that the island didn’t have a laser cannon coming out of the top or a solar power plant inside it. Bit of false marketing he reckoned.

It's all up in the air at the moment. My middle one is crackers on Viking history. We were going to do the holiday that has been cancelled for the last two summers, but he has now met a lass and he's not sure if he's coming or not!

Original holiday plan is:
Oslo
Train to Flam
Train to Bergen
Boat to Stavanger

As it's all refundable, the little one, who is crackers on German history, asked could we go to Germany or Auschwitz. A potential plan for that one is:
Cologne
Train to Berlin
Train to Prague
Train to Krakow

So no idea and yes I have weird bairns!
It has to be Norway, the railway journey is spectacular.

anyone been to costa adeje , ganning early July for couple weeks relaxation

Yes, been there a couple of times before and will be back next week.

I really like it there. Nice balance between not too busy but not too dead. Much more civilised and grown-up than Las Americas, but it's only a short walk away if you want to pop down during the day but it's not so pleasant at night. You can also keep walking along the coast to Los Cristianos which is also nice and is more of a proper town. One of my favourite things to do is just to go for a random wander along the promenade which links them and stop in a bar any time I'm thirsty.
Also booked Thailand for December, having a week in Krabi for Christmas and a week in Phuket for New Year….

Want to visit some of the islands, James Bond etc, heard you can do Phi Phi island for an overnight stay, anyone done these, any advice….

Been to Thailand loads of times but not since 2019. I'm all booked up elsewhere for this year but looking forward to going back in 2023.

Krabi is one of my favourite parts of the country, especially Ao Nang as it isn't overdeveloped and is a good base for exploring the area. James Bond island is fun as part of a boat tour but once you've taken the obligatory photo there's nothing else there. Yes, you can stop overnight on Phi Phi but I was a little underwhelmed when I was there. It's jaw droppingly beautiful but has been a little ruined by uncontrolled redevelopment after the tsunami wrecked the place. Maya Beach on the smaller of the Phi Phi islands, where The Beach was filmed is now opened after being closed of for a number of years to help the environment recover from mass tourism.

Phuket is one of the most expensive parts of Thailand. Patong beach is the equivalent of Benidorm but some of the smaller beaches such as Kamala, Karon and Kata are nicer.

Last edited:
Aaaaand theres the email from Jet2 to say im coming back four hours earlier than I was meant to.

With a 5am start and missing breakfast to get a 7am transfer. Ideal :rolleyes:

Tbf I love Jet2 but ive had some right lowlevel ballache with them this last 6 month on various issues. Their customer service has been abysmal and their staff are hideously disinterested.

Got safari in Kenya in a few weeks. Got it for quite a good deal during first lockdown and had the money available as had loads of different refunds come through. Only annoying thing is that emirates changed the flight time back so it’s a 12 over stop over in Dubai. Booked a hotel in the terminal so not too bad

Yes, been there a couple of times before and will be back next week.

I really like it there. Nice balance between not too busy but not too dead. Much more civilised and grown-up than Las Americas, but it's only a short walk away if you want to pop down during the day but it's not so pleasant at night. You can also keep walking along the coast to Los Cristianos which is also nice and is more of a proper town. One of my favourite things to do is just to go for a random wander along the promenade which links them and stop in a bar any time I'm thirsty.

Been to Thailand loads of times but not since 2019. I'm all booked up elsewhere for this year but looking forward to going back in 2023.

Krabi is one of my favourite parts of the country, especially Ao Nang as it isn't overdeveloped and is a good base for exploring the area. James Bond island is fun as part of a boat tour but once you've taken the obligatory photo there's nothing else there. Yes, you can stop overnight on Phi Phi but I was a little underwhelmed when I was there. It's jaw droppingly beautiful but has been a little ruined by uncontrolled redevelopment after the tsunami wrecked the place. Maya Beach on the smaller of the Phi Phi islands, where The Beach was filmed is now opened after being closed of for a number of years to help the environment recover from mass tourism.

Phuket is one of the most expensive parts of Thailand. Patong beach is the equivalent of Benidorm but some of the smaller beaches such as Kamala, Karon and Kata are nicer.
Cheers mate, appreciate the advice

Budapest for a long weekend (for the F1) in a few weeks time. Glad we chose Edinburgh over Manc for flights....so far they've only changed both flights times by a few hours which actually is suiting us better...touch wood nowt more...

Cyprus for 12 nights in September. Jet 2 from Stanstead...again fingers crossed nowt goes ***s up with the flights.

Last edited:

Back